X470 Taichi 2700X Weird High Temps Maybe

Hey Guys,
Need some input here. I just installed an X470 Taichi (regular not the ultimate) with a 2700X. Everything works, here's the rub. In bios, it says CPU temp at idle is 50C. Now I know there's a 10C offset, but that's still high for me. This is a custom water loop, redundant D5 pumps, plenty of radiator space, I normally run a couple degrees over ambient at idle on the last board I had. WAIT, there's more. HWINFO says my temps are between 94C and 100C at idle. You can put your hand right over where the block and IHS meet, it's nowhere near that. So I download CoreTemp. Coretemp says I'm at 30C at idle, which is 2C higher than my coolant temp. I'm hesitant to try to overclock until I can get this settled.

I don't have direct cooling for the VRMs and such, but I have three 140mm Noctua P fans exhausting out the top, and the one in back, EK Supremacy waterblock on the CPU, CPU Block is right after the 1080Ti waterblock, but the 1080Ti @ idle is running 27C so it's not adding that much heat to the loop. Looking at Core Temp now it's reading my max temps @ 246C. Wow... Didn't realize people still used speed fan.

R0GG

Distinguished
It sounds like a great set up especially with the 1080ti idling at 27, mine idles at 32/ fan1400 RPM 22 degrees room temp (blower fan evga 1080Ti in thermaltake open case coreP3) which is pretty decent as well!
I have never used speedfan to control fan speed (I tried but interface is crazy complicated for such a small software) but it summarizes CPU GPU and drives temps in a small window and shows one temp in systray, and is not very invasive like Hwinfo (which has different options for less invasive monitoring)

I love my setup, but it's mostly cause I like to tinker and hate working on cars/motorcycles. I had sworn off AsRock boards cause of a bad experience with them years and years ago, but everyone seems to be pretty pleased with them, this isn't helping though...

R0GG

Distinguished
I guess it's not helping !
Asrock are pretty decent and their boards always have more features than the other brands for the same price bracket, own one Asrok z170 mini ITX, it really runs well with a good Bios menus and sub menus especially for the UEFI stuff.

Long time Asus fan here, last board was an MSI Titanium X370, and it lefted me wanting more, was priced top notch, and build quality was excellent, Asus had way more options though. Lotsa old Sabertooths in my closet. Never been a ROG fan though which is why I went with the AsRock, and I gotta say, it's sparse comparitively to the Asus, or maybe stuff is just named differently.

R0GG

Distinguished
It takes time to get accustomed to different hardware, my 2 main motherboards are both Asus and the build quality is there with the thoughtful bundled software, no bad surprises, no learning curve, but at the same time not exploring other brands and their take on some details that could make the difference for some user could be self-limiting. Anyway, one can't be everywhere or do or learn everything at the same time, fortunately these brands seem to use same manufacturing sources and end up catching up with each others innovations.

Ya, I'm not unhappy with the MSI or the AsRock here as of yet. When I was more budget limited it seems I was only on the MSI, they never let me down, but I've sold more than one on eBay as haunted. The MSI Titanium I just changed out was because they suggest you populate a certain 2 memory slots, well, everyone does, but the two they recommend it turns out really are *way way way* optimized for memory. I have a nice 32Gb 2x16 G.Skillz set that I like, it's rated at 3200, and I never achieved that on the MSI, course, X370 had memory issues all along, and I was running way out of spec with a fast DS DR 32Gb kit. That's why I bought the TaiChi to replace it, heard the best things about memory, and with Ryzen, memory makes a ton of difference. Course, also upgraded to the X470/2700X which are easier on memory anyways.

Gotta hand it to Asus, when you tell a fan that you want it to set it's speed off the temperature of the coolant in your loop it does, and that results in a mighty quiet system usually, but then, you're setting fan curves by 2 - 3 C. God I miss that....