Question X470 Taichi wont start up

alex_bedini

Reputable
Oct 5, 2016
Hello everyone,

I just received all the components to build my dream PC.
CPU: Ryzen 2700x
Mobo: Taichi X470
RAM: 2*8GB Vegeance CL16 3000Mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
PSU: Coolermaster 650W Bronze
Storage: Samsung 960 EVO Pro 256GB
Cooler: Noctua NH D14

Yesterday received the Taichi and started assembling the PC, when finished I switched on the PSU and the motherboard started blinking blue light and does not do anything.

I have already tried:

Removed all peripherals -> no success
Removed the RAM leaving only one module in A2 -> no success
Tried CLCMOS button -> no success
Removed the mobo from my case on its box and kept only 24 pin + 8 pin + GPU 2*8pin -> still nothing
While on the box re mounted the CPU -> still nothing
During night removed the battery and tried earlier today -> nothing

Reinstalled factory default AM4 brackets with Wraith cooler but the issue insists.
I also noticed there is a slight bend of the motherboard from a profile perspective.

Below are some images and a video
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rV?usp=sharing

All the components apart from the mobo were already tried in another PC and they work properly so the problem has something to do with the mobo.

Please if you have any ideas help me out. Have in mind the mobo I purchased on a used but working condition.

Best Regards,
Alex Bedini

Sipan9000

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2015
Hello everyone,

I just received all the components to build my dream PC.
CPU: Ryzen 2700x
Mobo: Taichi X470
RAM: 2*8GB Vegeance CL16 3000Mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
PSU: Coolermaster 650W Bronze
Storage: Samsung 960 EVO Pro 256GB
Cooler: Noctua NH D14

Yesterday received the Taichi and started assembling the PC, when finished I switched on the PSU and the motherboard started blinking blue light and does not do anything.

I have already tried:

Removed all peripherals -> no success
Removed the RAM leaving only one module in A2 -> no success
Tried CLCMOS button -> no success
Removed the mobo from my case on its box and kept only 24 pin + 8 pin + GPU 2*8pin -> still nothing
While on the box re mounted the CPU -> still nothing
During night removed the battery and tried earlier today -> nothing

Reinstalled factory default AM4 brackets with Wraith cooler but the issue insists.
I also noticed there is a slight bend of the motherboard from a profile perspective.

Below are some images and a video
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rV?usp=sharing

All the components apart from the mobo were already tried in another PC and they work properly so the problem has something to do with the mobo.

Please if you have any ideas help me out. Have in mind the mobo I purchased on a used but working condition.

Best Regards,
Alex Bedini

Only other thing I can think of is maybe trying another power supply because that one may be dead, otherwise it would seem that the motherboard doesn't work and hopefully you purchased from a reputable dealer & can return it.

alex_bedini

Reputable
Oct 5, 2016
Thanks for the replies.

Well I have also tried another PSU and the result is the same.
As about returning the board due to my location the shipping costs plus customs plus initial shipping and customs costs will surpass the refund :(
That is why I was thinking if someone could give me a lead on how to repair this issue, for instance if i change the bios chip would it be ok?