[SOLVED] x55vd cpu upgrade black screen issue

Nov 9, 2018
hi everyone
I upgraded my cpu i3 3120m to i7 3632qm but laptop doesn't boot and no bios, no fan spinning also cpu heat increase, can someone knows what i need to do. I tried charger and battery off and 15 sec push start button than all together but nothing happened. Both cpu same gen and energy consumption

Solution

If your PC has the correct BIOS version for that CPU and the CPU is on the CPU support list for that PC, it should be fine. Is it possible someone sold you a bad processor? Used?
This site doesn't show the i7-3632qm as supported. Do you have verification it is?
Nov 9, 2018
Thank u for your advice but ı already tried bios uptade and other things. İs ıt can be a adepter problem or power failure situation. Because my computer does not work after inserting the processor. I suspect that there may not be enough power left for the other parts such as hard disk after the processor gets the power.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If your PC has the correct BIOS version for that CPU and the CPU is on the CPU support list for that PC, it should be fine. Is it possible someone sold you a bad processor? Used?
This site doesn't show the i7-3632qm as supported. Do you have verification it is?

Solution
Nov 9, 2018
russian site has computers that are sold on the same computer with this processor installed. Thats why ı thınk ıt wıll be okey. and I bought thıs second hand processor. i will try another cpu maybe it will work. thank you very much