ilievxman99

Reputable
Apr 28, 2016
So I ran 2 runs of Cinebench R15 and I monitored during browsing and normal system usage but my X5650 achieved 603Cb in R15 and never goes above 2.8GHz on all cores. My turbo is supposed to be 3.06GHz and I remember a while ago achieving 685Cb in Cinebench R15. I haven't changed anything in BIOS. My windows 7 power options are set to balance as always but putting it on higher makes no difference. So what can I do to achieve my full 3.06GHz Turbo Boost? Should I check if Speedstep is enabled in BIOS? Also my CPU is running quite hot at idle at around 45-55 degrees C and I suspect its due to Turbo Boost running 2.8GHz on ALL cores at all times rarely going down to 1.6GHz on one or two cores.

Solution
So I ran 2 runs of Cinebench R15 and I monitored during browsing and normal system usage but my X5650 achieved 603Cb in R15 and never goes above 2.8GHz on all cores. My turbo is supposed to be 3.06GHz and I remember a while ago achieving 685Cb in Cinebench R15. I haven't changed anything in BIOS. My windows 7 power options are set to balance as always but putting it on higher makes no difference. So what can I do to achieve my full 3.06GHz Turbo Boost? Should I check if Speedstep is enabled in BIOS? Also my CPU is running quite hot at idle at around 45-55 degrees C and I suspect its due to Turbo Boost running 2.8GHz on ALL cores at all times rarely going down to 1.6GHz on one or two cores.
3.06GHz is your boost on only 1 or 2...
3.06GHz is your boost on only 1 or 2 cores. As soon as more cores are in use your turbo will be lower and it wouldn't surprise me if the all core is only 2.8GHz. Heat output can be a limiting factor on boot speed and duration. Have you ever reapplied any thermal paste to the CPU?

Solution