[SOLVED] X570, 5900X, no display

Dec 31, 2020
Hey,
i have assembled a new pc, connected properly, no display.
MOBO is X570 ASUS TUF GAMING, bios is NOT updated.
CPU is 5900X/
At the first few boots, i was able to access bios, then after that, after reseating the components, there's no display at all (checked a few times, everything is wired correctly and seated properly).
My question is, is this a problem that will only require a BIOS UPDATE or is the motherboard damaged?
Everything spins and lights up and runs, except display.

Solution
If the board doesn’t have the updated bios it will not operate properly with the 5000 series CPU’s.

Unfortunate I know, but it is what it is.
I have the same motherboard that’s been running a 3800x for the last year. Good board but lack of bios flashback is disappointing.
Dec 31, 2020
PSU: CorsairRM850
Motherboard: ASUS tuf gaming x570-plus wifi
CPU: amd ryzen 9 5
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
PSU: CorsairRM850
Motherboard: ASUS tuf gaming x570-plus wifi
CPU: amd ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: RTX 3080 GIGABYTE gaming oc
SSD: Crucial P2 NVME m.2 1TB
Memory: 4x8GB Dark Za 4000mhz

Dec 31, 2020
Needs a bios update if the box didn’t say 5000 series ready on it.

That motherboard doesn’t have a flashback option.
and there is no way, that something else could cause that? because it did display the bios a few times at the first boots.. the motherboard could be damaged possibly?

If the board doesn’t have the updated bios it will not operate properly with the 5000 series CPU’s.

I have the same motherboard that’s been running a 3800x for the last year. Good board but lack of bios flashback is disappointing.

Solution
Dec 31, 2020

i understand... thank you so much for your help!
too bad i will probably have to buy a cpu just to be able to access system though

Dec 31, 2020
i understand... thank you so much for your help!
too bad i will probably have to buy a cpu just to be able to access system though
You're definitely not alone with having that particular problem. Worth investigating if someone local to you has a loaner CPU for bios updating.

(I had to buy a 2600 just before Christmas to do it, because I have no friends sob)