[SOLVED] X570 and 3700x or i7 9700k and z390

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
So my question is which build is better for the longterm for gaming and animation?x570 with 3700x or i7 9700k and z390 they are about the same price and which one will be more futureproof?

Solution
I see.. I still dont know what to pick ive always gone for intel before and my i7 4790 has been a beast for many years.Im just thinking that the 16 threads of the ryzen will be better for the future and also the x570 mobo is newer and with features like pcie 4.In most videos and sites ive seen the 3700x is usually recommended as the best overall purchase but im still uncertain.Is there any chance games will be better optimized for ryzen after a while?

Absolutely games will be better optimised for Ryzen now that they are actually competing with great CPU's...As with all things, Intel have had a lead for a long time but now the developers are catching up and optimising for Ryzen. As I said, you cannot really make a bad choice...
3700x + x570. The x570 platform has PCIe 4.0 and the performance between the 2 setups is heavily in favor of the 3700x as far as everything minus gaming. When you compare them in gaming the 9700k is either on par with or a little faster than the 3700x. The difference is so negligible in games you cannot see the difference except when you have an fps counter stareing you down. The x570 mobo can eventually support the 3950x (sept 30th) which is basically the same thing but slightly faster and another 8 cores and 16 threads if you wanted to upgrade the CPU down the road.

Reactions: kostask5

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
3700x + x570. The x570 platform has PCIe 4.0 and the performance between the 2 setups is heavily in favor of the 3700x as far as everything minus gaming. When you compare them in gaming the 9700k is either on par with or a little faster than the 3700x. The difference is so negligible in games you cannot see the difference except when you have an fps counter stareing you down. The x570 mobo can eventually support the 3950x (sept 30th) which is basically the same thing but slightly faster and another 8 cores and 16 threads if you wanted to upgrade the CPU down the road.
I see thnx for the help.will the x570 support any newer ryzen cpus? I mean after the ryzen 3 series or will these be the last one it supports?

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
Yep 5 years sounds about right. As to best option both are good with the Ryzen much better on productivity and the Intel edging the gaming. What software are you using for animation?

In the UK the 9700K has just dropped to £315...
I dont know yet i will start attending a college in October i guess we will use stuff like abode photoshop maybe engines like unity and unreal later down the line.Maybe blender im not sure.

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
More than understand. Intel runs the Adobe suite, especially Photoshop better by a significant margin over AMD Ryzen but suffers on Blender, so swings and roundabouts...
I see.. I still dont know what to pick ive always gone for intel before and my i7 4790 has been a beast for many years.Im just thinking that the 16 threads of the ryzen will be better for the future and also the x570 mobo is newer and with features like pcie 4.In most videos and sites ive seen the 3700x is usually recommended as the best overall purchase but im still uncertain.Is there any chance games will be better optimized for ryzen after a while?Also my gpu is an rtx 2070 super if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
I see.. I still dont know what to pick ive always gone for intel before and my i7 4790 has been a beast for many years.Im just thinking that the 16 threads of the ryzen will be better for the future and also the x570 mobo is newer and with features like pcie 4.In most videos and sites ive seen the 3700x is usually recommended as the best overall purchase but im still uncertain.Is there any chance games will be better optimized for ryzen after a while?

Absolutely games will be better optimised for Ryzen now that they are actually competing with great CPU's...As with all things, Intel have had a lead for a long time but now the developers are catching up and optimising for Ryzen. As I said, you cannot really make a bad choice. The 3700X is mighty, especially on the productivity side and yes it has the latest tech in PCIe Gen 4 though not much that can really utilise it yet but at least you will be able to use it in the future.

Don't worry too much and buy what makes you happy as whichever one you go for will provide a great experience.

Solution

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
I will go for the 3700x i may lose about 10 fps in games but i think the overall productivity performance is worth it as well as the 8 more threads in the future i hope amd wont let me down.Thanks for all the help.