Question X570 Aorus Elite, Fans Randomly increase RPM

Dec 17, 2019
The fans on my system (case & cpu) randomly increase during low work loads and even when is just sitting on the desktop, the fans get really loud (no apps running), this didn't happen om my previous mobo, same cooler, case and fans. Where do I set up my fans to run silent? Any tips? Thanks in advance for your help.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Should be a fan configuration setup in the BIOS. Can't rememebr what Gigabyte call theirs, but should be obvious.

Generally though, fans won't ramp up for no reason. Even a stock config should remain pretty quiet when under minimal load. Are you monitoring temperatures etc? Might be that the CPU is actually heating up, and something is happening (background process, poorly seated cooler etc) and the fans are ramping up to accommodate.

Dec 17, 2019
Known issue with Ryzen that can be reduced largely with fan profiles and what power plan you are using. Do you have the latest bios?

Quite a few threads here about this issue.

Hi, yes, i have the latest BIOS F11. What about the power plan? i'm using the Performance one, but the fans randomly increase RPM, no matter what i'm doing

Dec 17, 2019
Should be a fan configuration setup in the BIOS. Can't rememebr what Gigabyte call theirs, but should be obvious.

Generally though, fans won't ramp up for no reason. Even a stock config should remain pretty quiet when under minimal load. Are you monitoring temperatures etc? Might be that the CPU is actually heating up, and something is happening (background process, poorly seated cooler etc) and the fans are ramping up to accommodate.
Hi.-

I'll check again my cooler, but i've seen some people with the same issue on other forums

Dec 17, 2019
I'd monitor temps before reseating your cooler etc - should be obvious if there's a temp problem.

As has been mentioned, it's not an unheard of issue - but I thought BIOS updates fixed it.

CPU temps are between 38 and 40 degrees at idle, steady; i use a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo with 2 fans (a push-pull configuration) and i have the latest BIOS, F11

TRENDING THREADS