[SOLVED] X570 Aorus Elite vs Pro

yqmxh

Prominent
May 7, 2018
Title saids it all! If you need more info just ask :)

Also I will be using the pc for heavy blender animation & moderate gaming if that helps.

Leaning towards Elite though because I don’t see major differences based on pictures. The pro is 70$ more.

Solution
Also does the audio codec affect my headphone quality?
Not in any noticable way.
Also will the two motherboards make any noticeable difference when it comes to render times & fps? Also assuming not.
Correct. The only thing that really will is the memory XMP profile and your overclock. Or undervolt to make the CPU run cooler - up to you.

Considering your above answer to tshinhar's reply: you don't need the extra features of the 'Pro'

tshinhar

Honorable
May 27, 2015
Pictures tells you nothing , those boards may look similar but they are quite different
The pro has the following over the elite:

Better audio codec (ALC1220 vs ALC1200)

Better power delivery in terms of PWM (IR35201+IR3599 doublers instead of ISL69147 with ISL6617 doublers)

Better heatsinking (massively more fin area)

Dual BIOS

EC temp headers , you get 2x temperature sensor cables for remote monitoring (i.e. not on PCB) of things such as GPU air inlet temp

Extra fan headers

USB 3.1 gen 2 type C at rear panel

6 layer PCB for memory OCs above 4400MHz

If it is worth it to you go with the pro of not go with the elite

yqmxh

Prominent
May 7, 2018
Pictures tells you nothing , those boards may look similar but they are quite different
The pro has the following over the elite:

Better audio codec (ALC1220 vs ALC1200)

Better power delivery in terms of PWM (IR35201+IR3599 doublers instead of ISL69147 with ISL6617 doublers)

Better heatsinking (massively more fin area)

Dual BIOS

EC temp headers , you get 2x temperature sensor cables for remote monitoring (i.e. not on PCB) of things such as GPU air inlet temp

Extra fan headers

USB 3.1 gen 2 type C at rear panel

6 layer PCB for memory OCs above 4400MHz

If it is worth it to you go with the pro of not go with the elite
In that list was matters to me is:

Extra fan headers

Better heat sinking

Improved power delivery

Also does the audio codec affect my headphone quality? Stupid question, I know. Assuming not though...

Also will the two motherboards make any noticeable difference when it comes to render times & fps? Also assuming not.

Thanks!

VADemon

Honorable
Jul 6, 2014
Also does the audio codec affect my headphone quality?
Not in any noticable way.
Correct. The only thing that really will is the memory XMP profile and your overclock. Or undervolt to make the CPU run cooler - up to you.

Considering your above answer to tshinhar's reply: you don't need the extra features of the 'Pro'

Solution