[SOLVED] X570 aorus master, 2 8 pin connectors help

4L3

Nov 16, 2019
I recently bought a x570 aorus master and realised that my psu 2x4pin connectors labeled CP and U1 are too short to reach the atx12v connector. As i already had 1 extension cable i went ahead and connected it. Pc doing fine but noticed that my cpu(ryzen 7 3700x) is clocking at 0,8ghz and figured that my problem is that i haven’t connected my other 4 pin connector so i went ahead and bought a second extension cable. Now i realized that my cable doesnt fit. Cable only fit on the right side of the atx12v connector and leaving 4 pins on the left unused and unmatched. But this mobo has 2 8 pin cpu connectors (ATX_12V/ATX_12V1) and thats why im wondering due to both connector only fits on the right side is it fine if have both 4 pin connectors connected to each atx12v connector

Can add that my extention cables are
square,oval (top)
oval,square(under)

Mobo Left 4pin: oval, square(top)
square,oval(under)

Last edited:
Solution
Why can't they reach the connector? Normally cables provided with the psu should be long enough if routed correctly to just plug in

My PSU is arond 5 years old and the cable only needed like 0,5mm more of lenght and tried multiple routes around my case. Eitherway to answer my own question: I tried it and it works. Clocks around 4,3ghz with temps around 45-60 C

4L3

Nov 16, 2019
Why can't they reach the connector? Normally cables provided with the psu should be long enough if routed correctly to just plug in

My PSU is arond 5 years old and the cable only needed like 0,5mm more of lenght and tried multiple routes around my case. Eitherway to answer my own question: I tried it and it works. Clocks around 4,3ghz with temps around 45-60 C

Solution

TRENDING THREADS