[SOLVED] X570 Aorus Master Atx connection

Neural889

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
Hello!
I'm updating my everything and got a x570 aorus master motherboard, with an old psu tho. I considered changing the psu to a "Corsair RM850", hoping it could better suit the ryzen 9 3900x I'm putting into.
The board has 2 x 8 Pin connectors at the top left of it. The question is.. What do I put in there?? Do I have to power all the 16 Pins? If so, how to? My current psu has just 2 "2x4" thingy I can use, and im not even sure I can use them all (my old mobo "fried" cause I connected both 2x4 pins..), and the rest are.. For the gpu I guess? They seem to have different fitting, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm totally panicking cause I don't wanna ruin a brand new board + cpu but I'm a total newbie and learning from mistakes only!
Can someone help me understand this please?
Tyvm in advance!

-Riccardo

Solution
Hi Riccardo.

Let's start with your current PSU brand and model. There is no point in even trying to risk your new hardware if that PSU should not be even close to those parts.

You do not need to plug both 8 pin for the CPU power. Only one of the 8 pin can be plugged. The other 8 pin is for extreme overclocking like these guys using liquid nitrogen trying to break the speed record.
Hi Riccardo.

Let's start with your current PSU brand and model. There is no point in even trying to risk your new hardware if that PSU should not be even close to those parts.

You do not need to plug both 8 pin for the CPU power. Only one of the 8 pin can be plugged. The other 8 pin is for extreme overclocking like these guys using liquid nitrogen trying to break the speed record.

Solution

Neural889

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
Ok, I think it's a "Cooler Master RS700-ACAAB1-EU 700W ATX Series G, 1 Ventola 120mm, 20+4 Pin, 80+".
4+ years old thingy.

Meanwhile, tyvm for your kind answer!

Neural889

Reputable
Jul 3, 2016
Oh ok, I see. But uhm.. It's the 4+4one? Or it's like the one that goes to the gpu? Cause they seem different but I'm not sure, I don't wanna fry everything up ;_;