Oct 22, 2020
Hi, up until yesterday I was perfectly fine with my system (listed below) doing stuff as always. While I was playing a game system just shut down completely no sign of life even on/off button led on mobo (which stays lit while the system is turned off) was gone. I tried to restart nothing happened. I did some googling and tried stuff like unplugging psu and all the cables from the mobo, clearing cmos, taking off the cmos battery, waiting for a while and such but no result.

After all these, I am stuck in a state that just clear cmos button blinking nothing else. As a last resort, I tried q flash plus thing. I took off everything from the mobo all the cables, cpu, gpu, ram, ssd, etc.
Just plugged the 24pin and 8pin power cable and plugged a USB on the white USB port on rear IO (as instructed in manual with the right file name and USB format etc. btw I downloaded the latest bios version which is currently F30). When I turned the power on, the same thing just blinking clear cmos button and q flash plus button also does not do anything.

It would be perfect if someone can helped in desperation right now.

1kVA online UPS
x570 Aorus Master (at bios version F11 at the time of failure)
Ryzen 3950x
Nvidia Quadro 4000 ( yes I do play games on quadro)
G.skill 64GB 3600MHz
Corsair h150i
Corsair hx850i
Corsair fans 4x120mm
Samsung Evo 970

Welcome to the Forum Semiconductor15:)

There are three things you need to check first with a sudden shutdown.
  1. check all cabling and connections especially the 24Pin in case of loose or faulty connections .
  2. The PSU. Swap the unit out with a known working unit of the same or higher Wattage.
  3. The Motherboard. Remove the MB if the PSU is found to be OK and benchtest out of the case by adding hardware one piece at a time till the culprit is found.

Oct 22, 2020
Welcome to the Forum Semiconductor15:)

There are three things you need to check first with a sudden shutdown.
  1. check all cabling and connections especially the 24Pin in case of loose or faulty connections .
  2. The PSU. Swap the unit out with a known working unit of the same or higher Wattage.
  3. The Motherboard. Remove the MB if the PSU is found to be OK and benchtest out of the case by adding hardware one piece at a time till the culprit is found.

Thank you MeanMachine41

I am pretty sure PSU is working it has a test button on it I tried and the fan spins. I have also short-circuited the pins on PSU while it is unplugged of coarse and checked the voltages with a multimeter they seem fine.

As I stated, I have stripped down all the components from the MB and tried to give it power the same thing happened. In which order should I insert components and try at a time?

Thank you MeanMachine41

I am pretty sure PSU is working it has a test button on it I tried and the fan spins. I have also short-circuited the pins on PSU while it is unplugged of coarse and checked the voltages with a multimeter they seem fine.

As I stated, I have stripped down all the components from the MB and tried to give it power the same thing happened. In which order should I insert components and try at a time?

A PSU can test ok and break down under load so consider that.

With just the PSU and 24pin and 8pin connected does the power LED light up and do the fans spin up? If not then RMA the MB (assuming all cabling is functional)

In order Connect your cooler(With new paste) and cooler fans to the correct headers CPU_FAN then remove and reinsert a RAM module in the slot meant for single channel mode. Add your storage drive with the OS then add the Monitor GPU and keyboard and mouse.
I think your MB has trouble shooting LEDS so check them out during each power up. They will momentarily light up and if OK they will go out and Post will continue. Hopefully hand over to the OS.

BTW: Whilst you have the MB in your hands use your nose and carefully sniff around the board. I kid you not.
If you smell an acrid burnt smell then chances are a Board component or capacitors have blown.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2020
Hi, up until yesterday I was perfectly fine with my system (listed below) doing stuff as always. While I was playing a game system just shut down completely no sign of life even on/off button led on mobo (which stays lit while the system is turned off) was gone. I tried to restart nothing happened. I did some googling and tried stuff like unplugging psu and all the cables from the mobo, clearing cmos, taking off the cmos battery, waiting for a while and such but no result.

After all these, I am stuck in a state that just clear cmos button blinking nothing else. As a last resort, I tried q flash plus thing. I took off everything from the mobo all the cables, cpu, gpu, ram, ssd, etc.
Just plugged the 24pin and 8pin power cable and plugged a USB on the white USB port on rear IO (as instructed in manual with the right file name and USB format etc. btw I downloaded the latest bios version which is currently F30). When I turned the power on, the same thing just blinking clear cmos button and q flash plus button also does not do anything.

It would be perfect if someone can helped in desperation right now.

1kVA online UPS
x570 Aorus Master (at bios version F11 at the time of failure)
Ryzen 3950x
Nvidia Quadro 4000 ( yes I do play games on quadro)
G.skill 64GB 3600MHz
Corsair h150i
Corsair hx850i
Corsair fans 4x120mm
Samsung Evo 970
Hi everyone, it has been a while but my problem is solved at last. I am letting you know just in case there is some having the similar issues.

I tried literally everything to fix the problem but nothing worked at the end I have shipped the mobo to local service of Gigabyte under guarantee. They took a look at it and informed me that it is a faulty or malfunctioning capacitors that killed the board. They have replaced the capacitors and right now it works like a champ.

As far as I understand from our conversations with the service this particular Aorus Master mobos (rev. 1.0 versions at least) is somehow problematic that's why right now rev. 1.1 and rev. 1.2 versions of them so if you are in the market for this mobo I suggest you to check the revision version.