[SOLVED] x570 aorus pro wifi wont detect NVMe in top slot

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018
i built this pc a while ago, ryzen 3900x, x570 pro wifi aorus, gtx 1080, 32gb of 3600mhz trident z neo, with a h115i capellix aio.

it was working for a while, then i came home from work went to boot up, and it kept booting to bios and i couldnt figure out why. i started looking around in the bios, and realized my corsair mp510 nvme 1tb wasnt being detected.. freaking out thinking my nvme somehow died, i tried it in the bottom slot and BAM works just fine.. havent had any issues with it in the current slot but was wondering why that it? ive updated the bios, but havent moved the drive back yet.. probably dont wanna risk the bottom slot dieing as well.. do any of you guys have this issue, or have any ideas, or should i try to warranty the board?

Solution
Not sure about this MB but other AORUS MBs share bandwidth between the NVMe connector and the SATA 1 connector. If you have anything plugged into your SATA 1, I would check the MB manual
Dec 1, 2020
Not sure about this MB but other AORUS MBs share bandwidth between the NVMe connector and the SATA 1 connector. If you have anything plugged into your SATA 1, I would check the MB manual

Solution

cocokid50036

Commendable
Apr 6, 2018

thats ironic. right around the time this happened i installed a 1tb HDD, to use as a internal storage/backup to move things from my nvme to it so i can reinstall windows once in a while if it get buggy, or any other drives. ill be sure to check this out in the manual, and possibly be able to get to it this saturday. thanks for the tip :)