Question X570 asus crosshair or gigabyte master for 24/7 run server build

ssmokeyy

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
So im building a nas server and going to go back to amd for this build with the 3rd gen ryzen chip. I need it to run 24/7. Not sure witch board has the better made parts. I'm going to start with a ryzen 3600 but if black friday deals drop any of the higher core models i might go there .

ssmokeyy

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
I don't really need x570 right now but I would like to be ready forever comes out next. Meaning if nvidia comes up with a pcix 4 graphics card. Also since im using this as a file server the speed would be nice on the nvme drives. I would go threadripper but the cpu price is more than what I want to pay. This weekend im building a test server out of a intel g4600 and looking to test unraid, windows server, ubuntu and see what I like better for this remote server project . The number 1 feature I need is reliability. Since its going to run 24/7

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Trying to determine which board would be the most reliable is going to be pretty much impossible. Everyone has their own anecdotes about which brands are the best, but I've never seen any real failure rate data for motherboards. And even if you could find a board that is statistically the most reliable you could still get unlucky and have it fail in a day/month/year.