Question X570 Auros Elite / Ryzen 9 3900x BIOS configuration, no post

Nov 29, 2019
Yo! I'm doing a build with a Ryzen 9 - 3900x and a Gigabyte X570 Auros Elite motherboard, and 32gb Patriot DDR4 Ram (2x16gb). Just got everything put together (no hdd's connected, just the motherboard, PSU (750 watt) etc. I knew that the Gigabyte Auros x570 would need a Bios update to be compatible, so expected no post. It did not post, so I downloaded the latest Bios from Gigabyte's site. This is the file I used. https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios - I used the F10 Bios. I used the guide here: https://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x570-features.pdf to use Qflash. I formatted a 16gb flash drive to Fat32. I extracted the F10 Gigabyte bios, and copied the .f10 file to the root of the flash drive. I renamed it as GIGABYTE.bin per the instructions. I put the flash drive in the BIOS usb port on the motherboard. I removed the CPU and ram. The motherboard was off, and I pushed the Qflash button on the motherboard. It came on, the USB indicator lit up, and it did stuff for about 5 minutes. I presume it flashed ok. Once it shut down, I reinserted the CPU, cooler, and ram. Still no post... any ideas? Ram is in slots 1 and 3 per the board diagram. Everything's brand new. Thanks!

Nov 29, 2019
@MeanMachine41 A motherboard can post without a storage device installed.
But guys it was the GPU - I didn't know the Ryzen 9 didnt have a agpu and assumed the HDMI of the motherboard would at least send a signal. I plugged in my Radeon GPU and it fired up! We're rockin and rollin now. Thanks guys for the quick support. Marking SOLVED

Nov 29, 2019
@MeanMachine41 A motherboard can post without a storage device installed.
But guys it was the GPU - I didn't know the Ryzen 9 didnt have a agpu and assumed the HDMI of the motherboard would at least send a signal. I plugged in my Radeon GPU and it fired up! We're rockin and rollin now. Thanks guys for the quick support. Marking SOLVED
AND the F10 bios update had worked.