Question X570 Auros Elite / Ryzen 9 3900x BIOS configuration, no post

Nov 29, 2019
Yo! I'm doing a build with a Ryzen 9 - 3900x and a Gigabyte X570 Auros Elite motherboard, and 32gb Patriot DDR4 Ram (2x16gb). Just got everything put together (no hdd's connected, just the motherboard, PSU (750 watt) etc. I knew that the Gigabyte Auros x570 would need a Bios update to be compatible, so expected no post. It did not post, so I downloaded the latest Bios from Gigabyte's site. This is the file I used. https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios - I used the F10 Bios. I used the guide here: https://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x570-features.pdf to use Qflash. I formatted a 16gb flash drive to Fat32. I extracted the F10 Gigabyte bios, and copied the .f10 file to the root of the flash drive. I renamed it as GIGABYTE.bin per the instructions. I put the flash drive in the BIOS usb port on the motherboard. I removed the CPU and ram. The motherboard was off, and I pushed the Qflash button on the motherboard. It came on, the USB indicator lit up, and it did stuff for about 5 minutes. I presume it flashed ok. Once it shut down, I reinserted the CPU, cooler, and ram. Still no post... any ideas? Ram is in slots 1 and 3 per the board diagram. Everything's brand new. Thanks!

Nov 29, 2019
@MeanMachine41 A motherboard can post without a storage device installed.
But guys it was the GPU - I didn't know the Ryzen 9 didnt have a agpu and assumed the HDMI of the motherboard would at least send a signal. I plugged in my Radeon GPU and it fired up! We're rockin and rollin now. Thanks guys for the quick support. Marking SOLVED

Nov 29, 2019
@MeanMachine41 A motherboard can post without a storage device installed.
But guys it was the GPU - I didn't know the Ryzen 9 didnt have a agpu and assumed the HDMI of the motherboard would at least send a signal. I plugged in my Radeon GPU and it fired up! We're rockin and rollin now. Thanks guys for the quick support. Marking SOLVED
AND the F10 bios update had worked.

TRENDING THREADS