[SOLVED] X570 Board advice

Solution
Asus x570-p, tuf gaming, or gigabyte x570 aorus elite vrms will handle a 3900X well. Msi and asrock have equivalent boards but I dont recommend them. Msi x570 boards are bad and asrock bios is bad.
If you have the time, I recommend checking out buildzoid's X570 motherboard PCB breakdowns. They are very informative.

Thanks for the info. I don't know about the Asus x570-p and aorus elite. They seems to have such bad reviews on newegg and amazon. It's like every x570 are bad. The only one with good reviews is that TUF gaming and the 500 dollars board.

I will def check the breakdowns.

Thanks for the info. I don't know about the Asus x570-p and aorus elite. They seems to have such bad reviews on newegg and amazon. It's like every x570 are bad. The only one with good reviews is that TUF gaming and the 500 dollars board.

I will def check the breakdowns.
Ignore amazon and newegg reviews honestly. They're either "I just got it and it works fine" or "OMG IT BROKE AFTER 9 MONTHS". The latter is much more common than the prior. If it's working fine, they don't feel compelled to leave a review at all. There are very few good reviews left after a set period of time owning the product. The only time people leave reviews 6 months after they buy something is if it broke.

Feb 17, 2020
Be sure to do your homework on which board considering, example I really wanted the Gigabyte Aorus Master but after reading literally hundreds of pages on overclock.net, gigabytes site over the last 7 months their are too many people having issues, As far as Asus their boards are great but for the Asus name you pay lots more not worth it. I've owned a lot boards over the past 22 years, MSI seems to be the most stable but that's my opinion..Good luck

Ignore amazon and newegg reviews honestly. They're either "I just got it and it works fine" or "OMG IT BROKE AFTER 9 MONTHS". The latter is much more common than the prior. If it's working fine, they don't feel compelled to leave a review at all. There are very few good reviews left after a set period of time owning the product. The only time people leave reviews 6 months after they buy something is if it broke.

So I checked the videos from buildzoids. It's pretty much the Tuff gaming for the wifi and vrm but the lan seems to be giving issue?

The Hero is good. The X570-PRO is good too. I might just go for the hero. I kinda want to get the tuff gaming but I'm using Ethernet and not Wifi and he keeps saying he doesn't like the LAN on the tuff gaming.

Be sure to do your homework on which board considering, example I really wanted the Gigabyte Aorus Master but after reading literally hundreds of pages on overclock.net, gigabytes site over the last 7 months their are too many people having issues, As far as Asus their boards are great but for the Asus name you pay lots more not worth it. I've owned a lot boards over the past 22 years, MSI seems to be the most stable but that's my opinion..Good luck
I'd disagree. MSI's X570 lineup is a mess. They made good B450 and X470 boards, but they really messed up on X570. ASUS ROG boards are overpriced, but the TUF and X570-P have the same VRMs as the ROG boards at a lower cost. Also, what kinds of issues do people have with the Aorus Master? I'm running an Elite and have no issues whatsoever (but that's anecdotal).

So I checked the videos from buildzoids. It's pretty much the Tuff gaming for the wifi and vrm but the lan seems to be giving issue?

The Hero is good. The X570-PRO is good too. I might just go for the hero. I kinda want to get the tuff gaming but I'm using Ethernet and not Wifi and he keeps saying he doesn't like the LAN on the tuff gaming.
Hero is too much. It has a good VRM, but it's completely unnecessary. TUF has realtek lan, which he had previous bad experiences with it dropping connection. But they may have fixed it by now. Still, if you want intel lan, there's still Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite and Aorus Pro.

I think I know what I will do.

I don't need that 3900x. It's way overkill for what I do.

So I will just buy a 3700x with the Hero VIII x570 board and wait for the 4xxx Ryzen CPU.

I will be happy. I won't have to spend 700 Canadian dollars on a 3900x I don't need and the 3700x is more than enough for me.

I'm on an i7-4770k, 1600Mhz RAM. So yeah. It will be an update whatever I choose.

So 3700x, Hero VIII and 3600MHz 2x16GB RAM.

Anyone know a good 2x16GB 3600MHz RAM compatible with that board that won't give me problem getting them to 3600MHz?

Reactions: GarrettL