[SOLVED] X570 Chipset Fan Touching GPU Please Help

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
As said in the title, my GPU is touching the small chipset fan very slightly. Enough to cause it not to run half the time. I tested this by lifting the GPU, spinning the fan then letting go of it, which immediately stopped the fan. I even got an error in my BIOS which said something like "PCH fan not working. Please check". I'm worried this will damage or reduce the lifespan of my motherboard, and I only go this system less than a week ago. What are my options here?

Specs:
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite WiFi
Zotac RTX 2080 Super AMP Extreme

Edit: here's a picture
102906773_3780373501978631_6419176784252981799_n.jpg

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
Sounds like a problem that needs fixing.
Can you wedge something like a small piece of cardboard between the gpu and the fan?
Okay I think I can manage something, but is there no permanent fix for this? I'll try this tomorrow as it's late for me but I'll post back and share what the results are

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
Sounds like a problem that needs fixing.
Can you wedge something like a small piece of cardboard between the gpu and the fan?
Ok I stuck a piece of folded paper in there. So far, it seems to be running fine, however I can't seem to get it's RPM sensor to show up in HWinFo

Some time ago, I had a similar issue with a noctua NH-D14 impacting the backplate of my graphics card.
I stuck a piece of thin cardboard in between, and it lasted for as long as I had that particular combination of parts.
Since your touching parts are not hot, I would expect no problems so long as the paper stays in place.