[SOLVED] X570 chipset is hot, should I be worried?

BrandonFitzpatricc

Commendable
Jun 23, 2019
I have the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi, and the chipset seems to average around 40-50° C while idle. I’m assuming this is normal for the X570 chipsets, but I just want to make sure. And I’ve heard that the chipset fan will activate entirely on it’s own when the chipset is getting too hot, is that true?

Solution
That sounds like a reasonable temperature.
On my ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MB with a Ryzen 5 2600 OC'd to 4 GHz, my Chipset (PCH) temperature idles at 41 - 43c and maxes out around 46 - 47 C.
The 3000 series CPU's seem to run hotter and draw more current so they cause Chipset to run hotter.
Hopefully they will be able to improve the temperatures in future BIOS updates.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
That sounds like a reasonable temperature.
On my ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MB with a Ryzen 5 2600 OC'd to 4 GHz, my Chipset (PCH) temperature idles at 41 - 43c and maxes out around 46 - 47 C.
The 3000 series CPU's seem to run hotter and draw more current so they cause Chipset to run hotter.
Hopefully they will be able to improve the temperatures in future BIOS updates.

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc
Solution
Nov 9, 2019
Hi, my system, based on 3900x with 64 GB (32 x 2) and motherboard Asrock x570 creator.

The processor temperature is very good, between 30º in Idle and 65º with Aida64 test or prime95 torture, but the problem is with the chipset.
The chipset have two temperatures, and withe the fan at maximun one temperature is about 50º in Idle and 95 with prime95. With Aida the temp. goes up to 103º I think is very high.

Not exist more information about this?

It does not seem like a temperature for a silicon chip to have a high life.

Regards

Reactions: BrandonFitzpatricc

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
I have the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi, and the chipset seems to average around 40-50° C while idle. I’m assuming this is normal for the X570 chipsets, but I just want to make sure. And I’ve heard that the chipset fan will activate entirely on it’s own when the chipset is getting too hot, is that true?

My concern is the VRM temps... I had the same board and the VRMs hit 95+ degrees at which point the CPU speed was throttled down with the 3900x.

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Hi, my system, based on 3900x with 64 GB (32 x 2) and motherboard Asrock x570 creator.

The processor temperature is very good, between 30º in Idle and 65º with Aida64 test or prime95 torture, but the problem is with the chipset.
The chipset have two temperatures, and withe the fan at maximun one temperature is about 50º in Idle and 95 with prime95. With Aida the temp. goes up to 103º I think is very high.

Not exist more information about this?

It does not seem like a temperature for a silicon chip to have a high life.

Regards

That seems awfully high. I had a MSi X570 Gaming Pro Carbon and now an ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero with a 3900x. Neither board exceeded 50-55 degrees on the chipset.

But the MSi board VRMs hit 95+ degrees at which point the CPU speed throttled down.

I replaced the MSi with the ASUS and now VRMs barely registers 50 degrees under load with Prime95.

Nov 9, 2019
That seems awfully high. I had a MSi X570 Gaming Pro Carbon and now an ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero with a 3900x. Neither board exceeded 50-55 degrees on the chipset.

But the MSi board VRMs hit 95+ degrees at which point the CPU speed throttled down.

I replaced the MSi with the ASUS and now VRMs barely registers 50 degrees under load with Prime95.
You have tested with prime95 and Aida64 with all options enabled?

I have the temperature you say.... but in idle only.

I read in other sites Asus X570-e have the same problem so is very confuse that you not have temperatures higher of 55-º in your systems. In this motherboards, the name for the sensors is confuse becouse for example in Aida is named CPU Diode and PCH Diode, have two sensors, one in the core of southbridge chipset and other near, the problem if withe the temperature of the core, may be the name can be Byxbi or similar.

Regards