[SOLVED] X570 Edge slow wifi

wickedright

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Hello all.

My isp delivers 300mbps.
I bought a msi x570 edge and am connected to the internet using the intel ac3168 wifi. The adaptor says I have a 433mbps speed connection but I am only getting around 180 mbps down on 5ghz band. My ipad 2 kicks out an impressive 280mbps, at the same spot where my computer is. I am using windows 10 pro.

Anything I can do to boost this on my pc or are these normal speeds.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
That is correct. WIFI is half-duplex. A device can send OR receive at any instant. So your 433 link speed is cut in half. The only think you could do is to see if you can change the router to 80Mhz channel width.

wickedright

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
That is correct. WIFI is half-duplex. A device can send OR receive at any instant. So your 433 link speed is cut in half. The only think you could do is to see if you can change the router to 80Mhz channel width.

Thank you for the reply. But why is it that on my ipad the speed is much higher. What is it that windows does to cut it down so much.