[SOLVED] X570 Elite BIOS Help

Oct 30, 2019
My Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8BNgL2
Activated Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I recently built an entirely new system,
everything went fine through to Windows install. I decided to use the Q-Flash feature in the MOBO UEFI to update the BIOS from version F3 to F5b, the latest one. I went through the steps of formatting a USB amd loading it with the downloaded files for the update. Went into UEFI and started Q-Flash. USB was recognized, selected the files and started the flash. Went through to 100% no problem, counted down to Reboot (no power off or touching of anything whole time) and the PC rebooted to a black screen and the CPU fan kept ramping up over and over. I tried switching HDMI to MOBO slot, nothing. I tried pressing restart and then the Power button on case, no effect. I waited a while and reluctantly held the power button down, and the system shut down.

After some research I reformatted my USB with the original F3 version of BIOS and plugged it into the bios usb slot, then tried to do a powered down Q-Flash using the button on the MOBO itself. No light blinking or sound of any kind. I pressed the button once more to the same effect. I then turned the system on and the splash screen came up then went away and reappeared. Going into the UEFI revealed that the MOBO is running version F5b, the one I updated to initially.

Currently, seemingly without fail, I have to turn on the PC to the black screen and ramping CPU fan, hard shut down, Turn on to same stuff, Hard Shutdown, and on the third power up the splash screen appears and everything runs as normal. I have to do this every time the system completely shuts down for a while or sleeps.

I am concerned the repeated Hard Shutdowns will further exacerbate the MOBO problem and/or damage the other components. Should I try to Flash back to the functional F3 BIOS? I put in a ticket with Gigabyte for help but it could take days to hear back, and I would like to solve the issue rather than send the board back.

Any ideas and advice are greatly apprecited!

Solution
Did you reset your BIOS to default after applying the updated firmware? If not, try that and see if that alleviates the odd behavior.