May 12, 2020
I will provide a list of all of the components in my build below.

I am a first time PC builder, so ANY tips will be useful here. I am using a projector. I hope that isn't the root of the problem.

I built my PC and tried to turn it on. No display. I had a red DRAM light on my motherboard. I researched the issue, switched the order of my RAM sticks, and the light went away when I turned it back on. Now I have a white VGA light showing on my motherboard.

My graphics card has two available ports for power to the PSU. One requires 8 (pins?I don't know the correct terminology) and the second port requires 6. My PSU came with several cables that are labeled "PSU" to "PCIe". The PCIe end of these cables are all in a 6+2 configuration. I currently have one of these cables plugged into all 8 pins in the first slot on the graphics card. I have a second cable plugged in using only 6 pins because there are only 6 pins in the second slot in the graphics card. This leaves the "+2" part of the PCIe end hanging. Am I doing anything wrong there?

I have already tried removing the graphics card and putting it back in. I have a solid connection to my PCIex16 (lane?). I have the two screws put in place, securely mounting it to the case.

I am using an HDMI cable plugged into "HDMI 1" on my projector, and it's plugged into the HDMI port on the IO shield of my motherboard. I read online that you have to plug the graphics card into the monitor (I'm using a projector in this case). The only other option I have on my projector is "HDMI2". So I have my graphics card plugged into "HDMI2". I feel like plugging them into two seperate inputs can't be right. Do I need some sort of splitter to have both my PC(HDMI port on IO Shield) and my graphics card plugged into the same HDMI port?

I'm not sure what the problem is, and I've tried to place any relevant information above. If you have any questions please ask, I will be answering back quickly as I'm excited to actually use my first PC.

Motherboard: Asus X570-F
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2080 DirectX 12 8GB (Model Number: DUAL-RTX2080-8G-EVO)
RAM: G. Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz (Model Number: F4-3200C16D-32GVK)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2
Crucial BX500 960GB 2.5" SSD
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 1000 80+ Gold
Case: Silverstone Technology PM01TR-W

Monitor (Again, I'm using a projector): VIVIMAGE Explore 3

May 12, 2020
I will provide a list of all of the components in my build below.

I am a first time PC builder, so ANY tips will be useful here. I am using a projector. I hope that isn't the root of the problem.

I built my PC and tried to turn it on. No display. I had a red DRAM light on my motherboard. I researched the issue, switched the order of my RAM sticks, and the light went away when I turned it back on. Now I have a white VGA light showing on my motherboard.

My graphics card has two available ports for power to the PSU. One requires 8 (pins?I don't know the correct terminology) and the second port requires 6. My PSU came with several cables that are labeled "PSU" to "PCIe". The PCIe end of these cables are all in a 6+2 configuration. I currently have one of these cables plugged into all 8 pins in the first slot on the graphics card. I have a second cable plugged in using only 6 pins because there are only 6 pins in the second slot in the graphics card. This leaves the "+2" part of the PCIe end hanging. Am I doing anything wrong there?

I have already tried removing the graphics card and putting it back in. I have a solid connection to my PCIex16 (lane?). I have the two screws put in place, securely mounting it to the case.

I am using an HDMI cable plugged into "HDMI 1" on my projector, and it's plugged into the HDMI port on the IO shield of my motherboard. I read online that you have to plug the graphics card into the monitor (I'm using a projector in this case). The only other option I have on my projector is "HDMI2". So I have my graphics card plugged into "HDMI2". I feel like plugging them into two seperate inputs can't be right. Do I need some sort of splitter to have both my PC(HDMI port on IO Shield) and my graphics card plugged into the same HDMI port?

I'm not sure what the problem is, and I've tried to place any relevant information above. If you have any questions please ask, I will be answering back quickly as I'm excited to actually use my first PC.

Motherboard: Asus X570-F

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 2080 DirectX 12 8GB (Model Number: DUAL-RTX2080-8G-EVO)

RAM: G. Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz (Model Number: F4-3200C16D-32GVK)

Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2

Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2

Crucial BX500 960GB 2.5" SSD

PSU: Seasonic PRIME 1000 80+ Gold

Case: Silverstone Technology PM01TR-W

Monitor (Again, I'm using a projector): VIVIMAGE Explore 3