Question x570 i aorus pro wifi

I'll be doing my first ever build using the x570 i pro wifi mobo. It has two M.2 slots, one is on the front of the board underneath the heatsink and fan. My question is this, if I install the M.2 here, should I leave the heatsink and fan on or leave it off? (have read conflicting info on this subject.)

Every x570 may be a bit different but for the Asus TUF, the NVME slot closest to the cpu is on PCIe 4.0 while the lower NVME slot is through the SATA chipset.

What NVME were you going to use? If it did not come with a heat sink use the one supplied with the motherboard as already stated.

Every x570 may be a bit different but for the Asus TUF, the NVME slot closest to the cpu is on PCIe 4.0 while the lower NVME slot is through the SATA chipset.

What NVME were you going to use? If it did not come with a heat sink use the one supplied with the motherboard as already stated.
I believe it is the PCIe slot. The issue that I have read is that once you insert the M.2, it blocks the fans capacity to cool the chipset so some leave it off. Even on the Gigabyte site they have recently amended the picture to say ''recommended to use M.2 ssd module without thermal heatsink.''