Question x570 Long Boot Times

Sep 23, 2019
www.twitch.tv
I recently built a new PC and I have had an issue with long boot times. I have been looking around for answers and I haven't found much. I hear people just stating that AMD in general just has longer boot times, but I think mine is a little too long. I believe my issue falls on the Motherboard since I am currently using a gen4 PICe NVME M.2 storage so I expected really fast boots. Once booted into Windows, I have as expected read and write times checking with CrystalDisk.

Now here is the times. When my PC is shut down pressing the power button it takes on average 22 seconds to BIOS, and then 11 seconds to Login. The biggest issue I am having is when I restart my PC. On average from the moment the restarting PC loading circle goes away it takes 22 seconds till BIOS and then takes 1:20 to get to Windows login. I'm pretty certain that it shouldn't take over a minute to restart. My old running PC (Samsung 850 EVO ) in my room from shutdown to BIOS is 18 seconds and then 22 to login. When restating my old PC from restarting circle disappearing to BIOS takes 11 seconds and then 16 seconds to Windows login. I haven't timed my shutdowns on either system but it feels almost instant as I've never once thought about the speed because it was quick.

Things I've tried to solve my issue. Windows is up-to-date, chipset driver, GPU driver, updated BIOS (I was scared since first time I did it, since I've never had issues before), Secure Boot set to UEFI, CMS off, Widows fastboot enabled, BIOS fast boot enabled and disabled, I believe I have also updated all my drivers.

Here are my specs:
■ AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
■ Kraken x62 CPU cooler
■ ASUS Prime x570
■ Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16 GB) DDR4-3200
■ Sabrent Rocket NVME 4.0 1TB (OS installed on)
■ Seagate Barracuda 2TB (from old PC)
■ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 (from old PC)
■ EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 1000W

Sep 23, 2019
www.twitch.tv
With your BIOS now up to date, which version are you currently on? Did you create your installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools? We're currently on 1903 for Windows 10.
Using msinfo my bios is the 9/9/2019 version and my Windows version is Windows 10 Home 1903. As to how I installed Windows 10 I used the media creation tool and booted from a USB to install.

Latest posts