[SOLVED] X570 master and aorus gen 4 nvme windows boot drive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clintonsbn

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Okay so is there are times over the past couple of days that I have been able to get my motherboard to recognize the nvme drive. There are times when it does not recognize the drive. I have installed and reinstalled Windows about six times on this drive. I have done it on both versions of the BIOS F4F and F5. Every time I can get Windows up and running it runs fast runs good and then at some point either after restarting powering down or playing a game Windows crashes and is unable to boot. I get boot errors such as 0x00000bb consistently. The next thing I want to try is to install Windows on my Samsung 512 gigabyte SATA SSD. Just to get my nvme drive to work. But obviously I want Windows to boot off the nvme drive and I can never get it to show up as UEFI like my USB Windows boot stick does. If anyone knows anything that could help me with this I would love you and buy you a beer.

System

Aorus x570 master

3900x amd cpu

Aorus gen 4.0 1tb nvme

Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1

G.skill trident z royal 3200 16gig

Corsair 750

Solution
NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

Guide for NVMe M.2 installation in this thread:

Clintonsbn

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
So I have gotten to the point where I'm giving up using an NVME drive at all on this x570 motherboard.
My SATA SSD's are working no problem. I've tried reinstalling windows countless times over the past week, multiple times in a night some nights. The NVME Drive wants to work sometimes and show up in bios, sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes it lets me install windows and boot it up, then even get it running and do things.. then it crashes and i have corrupt windows again. Starting all over. then it shows up and i get that stupid initializelibrary 0x0000000bb or whatever. Sometimes i install windows and when it restarts... it gets hung up in the bios and the drive doesnt show up again... CSM enabled... CSM Disabled... neither work.

However I'm installing windows right now onto my SATA SSD and seems to be smooth so far no problems... MAYBE my m.2 drive will show up and can be a houdini storage system. It'll be like NPC's in some games that show up randomly so you can buy shit off of them that you cant get anywhere else.

If i couldnt take it back to the store i'd throw it against a wall at this point. Just mad that there's no super resolved solution for this as i've seen quite a few posts with these issues and its a gigabyte item in a gigabyte motherboard with gigabyte video card even. /endrant

if anyone finds or knows solutions i'm still open but really upset i got the x570 with a lot of excitement for the gen 4 nvme capabilities and its proving to be a copper brick.

Clintonsbn

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
I have and have been waiting a reaponse. But so far after changing windows boot to a 2.5" ssd the nvme drive shows up and is working as intended... Well see now if its stable after a couple of days.

NVMe SSDs do not appear within the BIOS until Windows creates the system partition with the EFI Boot Sector.

Guide for NVMe M.2 installation in this thread:

Solution
Dec 9, 2019
Hi,
I am also having the same issue, but some times it happens when i plugged any external Storage device to my PC
my PC Configuration are as follows.

CPU - AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X

MOTHERBOARD - MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi

RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB X 2

SSD - AORUS 500GB M.2 Nvme GEN 4

GPU - MSI RTX 2080TI Gaming X Trio

CPU COOLER - NZXT Kraken X72

PSU - Corsair RM1000X

Status
Not open for further replies.