Question X570 nvme gen 4 cpu support

Sep 3, 2019
Planning a build with a GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI in a small mini itx case (no room for graphics card). I want to install a nvme gen 4 ssd but an older amd processor 3400g. Need onboard graphics but there are currently no latest generation amd cpu's with vega graphics.
Is the gen4 stuff reliant on the cpu or just the motherboard?
I'm trying get the latest and greatest now for the build because I am moving to a country where it is very difficult and expensive to get electronic stuff. The plan is to upgrade to the newest cpu when vega graphics become available. Easier to smuggle in a cpu than a complete computer.

Sep 3, 2019
Thanks for the response. I know 3400g is pcie 3.0 but it is compatible with the motherboard. Would this combination work with a gen4 nvme ssd albeit only at gen3 speeds?

AMD's Zen 2 Ryzen 3000 processors are the world's first client desktop CPUs to support the PCI-Express version 4.0 interface.

You wrote, "older amd processor 3400g. Need onboard graphics but there are currently no latest generation amd cpu's with vega graphics."

Model number 3400G

Introduction dateJuly 7, 2019
Integrated graphicsGPU Type: Radeon RX Vega 11

Sep 3, 2019
Amd's numbering system is confusing. The Ryzen 5 3000 series consists of 2 different architectures. 3600 and 3600x are Zen2 7nm pcie 4.0 and no vega graphics. The 3400g is Zen+ 12nm pcie 3.0 and vega graphics.

Sep 3, 2019
I'm trying to be ready for the future. As I mentioned in my opening post getting electronic equipment will be difficult. A basic system with a b450 board and 3.0 nvme will suffice today but who knows what my needs will be 3-4 years from now. Also some of the newer x570 boards have better cooling for the nvme and more choice in boards with usb-c.
Thanks again for the responses, I was not able to find an answer to my question in any existing internet reviews or discussions.