Question x570-Plus Bios Issue - Orange DRAM light

Aug 25, 2022
My PC of ~2 years wouldn't wake up today. PC boots and fans/all rgb components works but no video output, no peripherals, no power to any usb port. It worked fine last night and previously had zero issues. The only thing that's changed is the DRAM light on my MOB is orange instead of the usual white.

I disconnected from power and reset cmos - Nothing
Swapped ram from 2/4 to 1/3 - Nothing
Booted with a single ram stick in all 4 slots and finally got it to boot in slot 4 with a single stick.

After it booted I saw a random screen I've never seen before and it said something along the lines of "you must enter setup to configure Bios - press f1 to enter setup"

Pressed f1 and now I'm in the Bios menu with no idea what to do. If I save and exit bios I just got back to a black screen.

Do I need to update or reset bios in someway? I have zero experience in this area. Happy to provide any details from the bios screens if needed.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus
CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB)
WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 500GB
WD Blue 1TB Internal SSD
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Super

Aug 25, 2022
Not very tech savvy here - sorry in advance

Im able to access bios with:
  • Single ram in A2 (slot 4)
  • Both sticks in A1 & A2 (both recognized in bios)

But a single stick in just A1 doesn't work strangely enough.

With both sticks in A1/A2, I'm getting to the windows recovery screen if I dont access bios.
-Restart my Pc just goes to a black screen
-Advanced repair options / startup repair says "unable to fix your startup etc."

Other options are startup settings, command prompt, uninstall updates, uefi firmware settings, system restore.

TRENDING THREADS