Question X570 taichi bios up

Oct 12, 2021
I have a question but cant seem to find an answer online. I currently have an X570 Taichi with a AMD 3900X processor in it. I want to make sure my system is ready for windows 11 later on down the line but I need to do a BIOS update to turn on TPM 2.0. At its current bios level I can not access it from the settings where it should be in windows. I found out that it is available but you need to update your bios to access it the setting is called FTPM for ASRock. Currently on ASRock's website the bios that has it is the Version 4.60.
These are the patch improvements.
  1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C
  2. Enable AMD CPU fTPM in BIOS default

My concern is that by updating to this bios I might not be able to use my 3900X in it. This board is compatible with the Ryzen 5000 processors by doing a bios update. So I am wondering if it is safe to update to this BIOS. Below is why I have misgivings about updating to it version 4.60
These are shown in yellow under the bios fixes above.
*To support Renoir/ Ryzen™ 5000 processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse CPU.
*To support Ryzen 5000 G-series processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU.
*If you use Pinnacle Ridge or Picasso, please use ASRock Flashback function to update this BIOS.

I have a question but cant seem to find an answer online. I currently have an X570 Taichi with a AMD 3900X processor in it. I want to make sure my system is ready for windows 11 later on down the line but I need to do a BIOS update to turn on TPM 2.0. At its current bios level I can not access it from the settings where it should be in windows. I found out that it is available but you need to update your bios to access it the setting is called FTPM for ASRock. Currently on ASRock's website the bios that has it is the Version 4.60.
These are the patch improvements.
  1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.3 Patch C
  2. Enable AMD CPU fTPM in BIOS default
My concern is that by updating to this bios I might not be able to use my 3900X in it. This board is compatible with the Ryzen 5000 processors by doing a bios update. So I am wondering if it is safe to update to this BIOS. Below is why I have misgivings about updating to it version 4.60
These are shown in yellow under the bios fixes above.
*To support Renoir/ Ryzen™ 5000 processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse CPU.
*To support Ryzen 5000 G-series processors, it requires to update the BIOS with Matisse, Renoir or Vermeer CPU.
*If you use Pinnacle Ridge or Picasso, please use ASRock Flashback function to update this BIOS.
fTPM is CPU function enabled by BIOS, option is still there just has to be turned on manually. Beside AGESA upgrade (good thing) newest BIOS just enables fTPM by DEFAULT, it can be switched off and on at will. In windows you will see it only if it's enabled in BIOS.

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for the reply but maybe I should clarify. I need to use that particular BIOS as it is the only one that updates it so that the fTMP will be available to turn on in the bios as it is currently not showing in the bios. What I am looking for is information about if I update to that bios is my board now only going to support the 5000 series CPU's. As stated when they released the 5000 series CPU's if you update the boards bios to support the 5000 series CPU then the 3000 series will not work in that board anymore. I just need to know if updating to that particular Bios will cause my current 3000 series CPU to not work. As the information on the ASRock Bios page does not state if this update is not only the fTMP and the 5000 series processor. If it seems that it is I will have to see if ASRock has a bios update for the fTMP update but for the 3000 series.
I think you answered the question but I just want to be sure my chip will still work.

Last edited: