[SOLVED] X570 Taichi vs B550 Taichi vs X570 Prime-Pro HELP!

Oct 1, 2020
Hello to everyone!

I'm new here and got some serious problem.
About to change CPU for ryzen 3950x and got no idea which MB to choose.

I'm considering 3 options:
  • ASROCK X570 Taichi
  • ASROCK B550 Taichi
  • Asus X570 PRIME-PRO

The truth is i got no idea what are the differences.
So far I can tell that PCIe 4x0 is not really better than PCIe 4x0.

I'm not going to overclock CPU, and in the future I want to change for Nvidia 3k series and be ready for Ryzen 4k seriers without changing my MB.
PC SPECS:
  • Ryzen 3950x
  • 32GB Corsair 3200mhz
  • MSI SeaHawk RTX 2080TI (in future 3k series)
  • Corsair AIO cooling for CPU,
  • 2x NVME SSD

I don't know what is the plus side of x570 and for B550.
Can anyone help me to choose between them or send me to send me some topic about it?
Thanks and sorry for bad english :)

Solution
The Taichi B550 is flagship , well capable of any CPU you can throw in, pretty much the best you can get on the B550 line up and yes SLI is pretty much dead which means the extra X570 lanes are not needed, unless you have crazy amount of storage.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

X570 allows you to have an SLI(and Crossfire) setup(where the B550 allows Crossfire alone). If I were you, I'd get either one but if you plan to upgrade to the 4000 series later on, you should be best served with the flagship board as they receive updates earlier than budget oriented chipsets and boards. The VRM area on the X570 will also be better when compared to the B550

Reactions: LeCezar
Oct 1, 2020
X570 allows you to have an SLI(and Crossfire) setup(where the B550 allows Crossfire alone). If I were you, I'd get either one but if you plan to upgrade to the 4000 series later on, you should be best served with the flagship board as they receive updates earlier than budget oriented chipsets and boards. The VRM area on the X570 will also be better when compared to the B550

Thanks for the welcome and answer :)
Im not going with any kind of double GPU, so that feature is not needed,
What do You mean about flagship boards? Can these 3 be considered as 'flagship'?
Also I suppose that 4000 series Ryzen will need stronger VRM so its better to choose x570?

The Taichi B550 is flagship , well capable of any CPU you can throw in, pretty much the best you can get on the B550 line up and yes SLI is pretty much dead which means the extra X570 lanes are not needed, unless you have crazy amount of storage.

Reactions: LeCezar
Solution