Question X570 Tomahawk EZ Debug Light for CPU is Solid ?

Feb 4, 2021
I have been unable to enter POST with my motherboard only having the cpu debug light remaining solid when I power on the build. I have tried several different troubleshooting steps:

• I have cleared the CMOS
  • I have flashed the BIOS to the 7C84v15 version and also tried with the 7C84v14 version. The board would successfully flash but the issue would remain.
  • I have re-seated everything
  • Tried booting with 1 stick of ram
  • Used 2 different motherboards
  • RMA'd the cpu and problem persists with 2nd cpu
I'm out of ideas on how to move past this issue. Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated!

Build:
Cpu - Ryzen 5 5600X
Mobo - X570 Tomahawk
Gpu - Radeon RX 6800
Ram - Vengeance lpx 3200mhz (2x16gb)
Psu - Superflower Leadex III Gold 750w

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd advise not to downgrade the BIOS, instead always make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. Can you state which slots are populated on your motherboard with the 2 sticks of ram? You might want to disconnect from the wall and remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing it and powering up the system.

Is the PSU new? If not, how old is the unit? What was the make and model of the other motherboard used?

Feb 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd advise not to downgrade the BIOS, instead always make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. Can you state which slots are populated on your motherboard with the 2 sticks of ram? You might want to disconnect from the wall and remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes before replacing it and powering up the system.

Is the PSU new? If not, how old is the unit? What was the make and model of the other motherboard used?

Hey, thanks for your response:

I was using slot 2 and 4 for the ram. Once I started running into this issue, I tried booting with 1 stick at a time in every slot with no luck.

The PSU is new. The other board I tried was an Asus Rog Strix b550-f gaming. Following this boards flashing instructions led me to the same results.

Feb 4, 2021
Did you use the BIOS flashback while the CPU was installed on the board?

Hey Nemesia:

I have only had successful BIOS flashes with the CPU uninstalled. Although others have been able to flash the board with everything installed, when I try the same, the light flashes for a moment then turns off.

Feb 6, 2021
cryptostreet.luxe
Hey there
I had the same issue today, updated to 7C84v15 and not posting anymore (solid debug led on cpu) . Flashback with the same firmware, no posting, flashback to v13 (my previous bios) , everything works fine. Dont know whats the problem with v15.
I had my ram and graphics out, cpu was in (no motivation to take it out).
I Dont know but its possible that you have to remove the cpu.

Feb 4, 2021
Hey there
I had the same issue today, updated to 7C84v15 and not posting anymore (solid debug led on cpu) . Flashback with the same firmware, no posting, flashback to v13 (my previous bios) , everything works fine. Dont know whats the problem with v15.
I had my ram and graphics out, cpu was in (no motivation to take it out).
I Dont know but its possible that you have to remove the cpu.

Hey Benini:

What CPU do you have? For me, even flashing it to older BIOS versions didnt help.

Going to have my build checked out by Micro Center and see what they have to say.

Feb 4, 2021
UPDATE: My PSU became faulty after a couple of days and caused the PC to fail to post.

It allowed me to flash the board but couldnt handle the whole system which, Im assuming, caused the CPU Debug light

Feb 6, 2021
cryptostreet.luxe
Hey Benini:

What CPU do you have? For me, even flashing it to older BIOS versions didnt help.

Going to have my build checked out by Micro Center and see what they have to say.
Sorry, i'm late:

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI Radeon 5700xt
2x Toughram ddr4 4200 (xmp profile 2)
1x m2 ssd Adata 256gb
1x m2 ssd kingston 512gb
1x corsair 850w psu
Bios v13

Does the led blinks when flashing bios with usb stick? Attention: on the whole flash process the led is blinking. If it only blinks 3 or 4 times, the stick with the "rom" bios does not work correctly.

TRENDING THREADS