[SOLVED] X570 Ultra Causing system to shut off when booting Windows

Dec 11, 2021
System

Aorus X570 Ultra

Ryzen 9 5950X

32gb Hyper X Fury

Antec earthwatts Gold Pro 750w

R9 280x

With a stock Ryzen cooler on at the moment because my Noctua NH-D15 is troublesome to take on and off.

Ok my problem is everytime I attempt to boot up windows (or Ubuntu) after about 1-10 seconds there is a click and my whole system turns off. The CPU flight flashing right before. Sometimes I get the windows loading screen, other times it shuts off before I can get that far All the parts excluding my Mobo and CPU are used parts from the rig I've been using for the past 2 Years and upon reinsertion back into that setup still function fine.

I can get into the bios fine and have stayed there for over 30min without a problem. That being so I've messed with the options a lot with no results to speak of. I have removed the CMOS battery, updated bios to the latest, the one before that and then to the earliest that supports my processor, no difference. Tried removing parts one by one until I ended up at the bare bones of my build, tried moving my ram, and changing my power supply to another known working one. I currently have no drives attached to the system except my windows bootable USB. My copy of windows on my NVME corrupted after second shutdown but I have recovered it and don't want to deal with that problem again.

After a few days I determined that the problem was the mobo by using a phantom 4/ac and swapping all the parts over. The system functions perfectly fine over there, everything working as they should. My thoughts are on a hardware issue I've gone over the board but there is no obvious damage, even cleaned with some isopropyl alcohol.

Bought the board from a liquidation place months back as supposedly working and am working on trying to get my money back at the moment.

But wanted to see if anyone had some advice over here because having it working would be much preferred.

Solution
System

Aorus X570 Ultra

Ryzen 9 5950X

32gb Hyper X Fury

R9 280x

With a stock Ryzen cooler on at the moment because my Noctua NH-D15 is troublesome to take on and off.

Ok my problem is everytime I attempt to boot up windows (or Ubuntu) after about 1-10 seconds there is a click and my whole system turns off. The CPU flight flashing right before. Sometimes I get the windows loading screen, other times it shuts off before I can get that far All the parts excluding my Mobo and CPU are used parts from the rig I've been using for the past 2 Years and upon reinsertion back into that setup still function fine.

I can get into the bios fine and have stayed there for over 30min without a problem. That...
System

Aorus X570 Ultra

Ryzen 9 5950X

32gb Hyper X Fury

R9 280x

I can get into the bios fine and have stayed there for over 30min without a problem. That being so I've messed with the options a lot with no results to speak of. I have removed the CMOS battery, updated bios to the latest, the one before that and then to the earliest that supports my processor, no difference. Tried removing parts one by one until I ended up at the bare bones of my build, tried moving my ram, and changing my power supply to another known working one. I currently have no drives attached to the system except my windows bootable USB. My copy of windows on my NVME corrupted after second shutdown but I have recovered it and don't want to deal with that problem again.

After a few days I determined that the problem was the mobo by using a phantom 4/ac and swapping all the parts over. The system functions perfectly fine over there, everything working as they should. My thoughts are on a hardware issue I've gone over the board but there is no obvious damage, even cleaned with some isopropyl alcohol.

Bought the board from a liquidation place months back as supposedly working and am working on trying to get my money back at the moment.

But wanted to see if anyone had some advice over here because having it working would be much preferred.
if you swapped all parts to another motherboard and it works perfectly fine, then your motherboard have something up to do, might just refund it if you want to, and if you want to replace the motherboard, go with a better X570 like the Tomahawk, Torpedo from MSi, or Strix, Tuf, and ROG from Asus. Or maybe you could try to update the bios to the latest (rev 1.0/rev 1.1&1.2) and see if the motherboard work again.

Solution
Dec 11, 2021
Thanks for the reply, I'm going to try and return it today in person, though I just don't know if they'll take it back as it's been months because It's taken me a while to find my processor for a good price. Well I only paid 80 for it so it wouldn't be the worse thing.

First time I've built something with a gigabyte board and it frankly felt cheap for the asking price. Well I'll do some more research and see what is in my price range to properly house a 5950x.

Reactions: Koekieezz

g-unit1111

Titan
Thanks for the reply, I'm going to try and return it today in person, though I just don't know if they'll take it back as it's been months because It's taken me a while to find my processor for a good price. Well I only paid 80 for it so it wouldn't be the worse thing.

First time I've built something with a gigabyte board and it frankly felt cheap for the asking price. Well I'll do some more research and see what is in my price range to properly house a 5950x.

Really? I have that same board and I didn't think that it felt cheap at all when I was installing it. The only thing I really had a problem with was M2 installation process was a bit of a hassle but that's about it.