[SOLVED] X570f with 5900x. No post. (Pre build)

Thomas Standen

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Hello.

I've been through No Post troubleshoot thread. What's weird about this one is that it's a PreBuild.

Specs:

Asus x570f gaming mobo.
Ryzen x5900 3080ti
Asus 3600 vengeance pro ram 32gb
850w corsair gold psu

This build will not post. It will power on with the power button. All RGB will light up and the fans will spin but it will not post. Neither will the diagnostic led glow to show any fault. Also when trying to power down the PC holding the power button for 5 seconds, it will not power down. It has no affect.

I've checked all power connections. At this point I've stripped the pc down and rebuilt it a few times.

I've tried:

Bios reset.
Reseating Ram one at a time.
Reseating Gpu
Reseating cpu and checking pins.
I've tried to boot the pc with only the CPU and Mobo connected.

Nothing I've done can get the PC to post and im fully out of ideas. The most curious thing is the debug LEDs not working. Also the mobo in question has RGB built in. When 1st switched on this was very bright, now it seems very faint. But it is still glowing.

It was a prebuild and i assume it left the manufacturer passing the benchmarks. its in warranty so I've asked for a return but in the meantime I'm wondering if there's anything I could have missed that may be a quick fix.

Unfortunately I dont have any other parts I can try. My other pcs are intel.

Solution
Top left of the board the 8pin connector is in. I've taken it out and reinserted it about 3 times. 24 pin on the right is in. I've done the same. I've made sure they are also fully in on the PSU.

The CPU cooler is a H150i corsair.

I've had no debug code at all. No beep, no debug Led. No signal on the monitor.

Last thing I can do is change the power wires out for another if they have included spares. I doubt I'd have a spare 24pin though.
And just to be clear there is not obvious water damage from the AIO on the motherboard anywhere right? If not then I would say you have done your due diligence with this issue. I would guess that it is a faulty motherboard causing you issues.
It seems to be something wrong with the motherboard to me. The motherboard debug codes should show up, since they are not it seems rather likely that its the motherboard. Did you check he board for any bulging or missing capacitors? Any spots on the motherboard where a component seems missing? Was an AIO or liquid cooling used anywhere? Did you ever get a motherboard debug code or an image to appear on a monitor?

*** Also are you 100% sure you completely inserted the 20+4 pin motherboard power connector and the one or two 4-8 pin CPU power connectors at the top of the board?

Thomas Standen

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Top left of the board the 8pin connector is in. I've taken it out and reinserted it about 3 times. 24 pin on the right is in. I've done the same. I've made sure they are also fully in on the PSU.

Last thing I can do is change the power wires out for another if they have included spares. I doubt I'd have a spare 24pin though.

And just to be clear there is not obvious water damage from the AIO on the motherboard anywhere right? If not then I would say you have done your due diligence with this issue. I would guess that it is a faulty motherboard causing you issues.

Solution

Thomas Standen

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Can't say I've checked for leaks but I have been inside the PC for about 5 hours and not noticed anything like that.

Seems to me its the MoBo if everything is powering on. No debug LEDs is suspicious

Seems to me its the MoBo if everything is powering on. No debug LEDs is suspicious
Yeah this is extremely unusual. You should at minimum be able to get to BIOS with just ram and cpu + psu + gpu. The only thing I can suggest trying is flashing the BIOS on the motherboard with the latest non-beta version. You said you did a BIOS reset, I take it that means you did not try to flash the BIOS to a newer version?