robertEE

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
Aloha everyone,
My system specs are as follows:

M/B - Asrock X570M Pro4
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (w/Noctua NH-U12S)
RAM - 2x Corsair Veng. 3200MHz 16Gb (32Gb total RAM)
GPU - 2x SAPPHIRE AMD RX570 8Gb (matched)
SSD - CRUCIAL P1 NVME M.2 1Tb (In primary M.2 slot under aluminum shroud)
HDD - 2TB Seagate 7.2k rpm
PSU - ANTEC HCG 750W
ENC - Thermaltake Core V21
O/S - Windows 10 Home

I am trying to run three displays on the two GPU's. I have 2 displays connected via DisplayPort to the primary GPU in PCIe slot 1 and 1 display connected to the other GPU in PCIe slot 2. The issue I am having is that only one graphics card seems to work at a time. If I plug in all three monitors as described above and restart my machine it defaults to the 2nd PCIe GPU and only one monitor works. If I unplug the monitor from the GPU in the 2nd PCIe slot and leave the other two plugged into the GPU in the first PCIe slot, they work as dual extended displays just fine. I have reset the CMOS, reinstalled fresh AMD GPU drivers twice (Crossfire/Freesync both enabled), and still cannot get the third display to work simultaneously with the other 2 allowing me to have 3 monitors. Please help and thank you in advance.

My device manager shows the following:

View: https://imgur.com/zgUWtDB

Solution
If crossfire is enabled you can only use ONE graphics card for your monitor connections. The other graphics card does not EVER get anything connected to it in a crossfire configuration. No monitor. No cables. No bridge. Nothing. At least not on any AMD cards that are 2nd Gen GCN or newer architectures.

All outputs in a crossfire or SLI configuration MUST come from a single card. No exceptions. So you need to connect ALL of your monitors to ONE graphics card. And that needs to be the graphics card that is in the primary x16 slot closest to the CPU.

If you want to use both graphics card independently, then you need to disable crossfire.
If crossfire is enabled you can only use ONE graphics card for your monitor connections. The other graphics card does not EVER get anything connected to it in a crossfire configuration. No monitor. No cables. No bridge. Nothing. At least not on any AMD cards that are 2nd Gen GCN or newer architectures.

All outputs in a crossfire or SLI configuration MUST come from a single card. No exceptions. So you need to connect ALL of your monitors to ONE graphics card. And that needs to be the graphics card that is in the primary x16 slot closest to the CPU.

If you want to use both graphics card independently, then you need to disable crossfire.

Solution

robertEE

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012

Lol, I am kicking myself right now. Thank you for your help. I disabled Xfire and all three monitors now work. My apologies for asking a stupid question.