Question X58 motherboard problem with slot A1

sunnytoday

Commendable
Sep 26, 2019
I have an Asus P6X58d-e motherboard . It has been working for year , bought used . I had major issues with it this week but stripped it ( not the processor / heatsink )) and got it working again ( but only 8gb out of 12gb ) . Now today it went down to 4 and then settled on 2 gb . The problem seems to be with slot A1 , which in all their wisdom the engineers deemed to crucial slot . I have tried all the various different memory configurations with no success . Can anyone shed some wisdom on my dire plight please ?

Lutfij

Titan
Might it be possible to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Countless number of times, I've seen people complain about the slots, when really they were having power delivery issues, older BIOS issues, faulty ram sticks or the wrong drivers in OS or even the OS playing tricks.

That being said, include the BIOS version for your board, the version of OS and the age of your PSU. Have you tried taking the sticks of ram to a donor system to rule out the slots and not the sticks?

sunnytoday

Commendable
Sep 26, 2019
Might it be possible to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Countless number of times, I've seen people complain about the slots, when really they were having power delivery issues, older BIOS issues, faulty ram sticks or the wrong drivers in OS or even the OS playing tricks.

That being said, include the BIOS version for your board, the version of OS and the age of your PSU. Have you tried taking the sticks of ram to a donor system to rule out the slots and not the sticks?

sunnytoday

Commendable
Sep 26, 2019
This X58 motherboard has 5 memory configurations . The base one being single module running in single channel . DIMM slot B1 works as does C1 , But A1 does not . ALL of the other configurations require DIMM slot A1 to function . No problems with CPU , PSU , or memory .