Question X58A-UD3R problem with video card

Sep 14, 2018
Hello.

I'm having problem with my system. Recently I've bought my budget workstation and found out, that when I install the graphic card in PCIE16_1 slot the PC boots up, works for like a minute and then freezes and reboots.
The only working port is _4, but I have limited airflow there so the card is getting hot. Also I'm planning to upgrade this card, so I'd like to sort out what's the problem before I'll put 1060 there.
I haven't update BIOS cause I have no clue if this'd help at all.

My system
Gigabyte x58a-ud3r rev. 01
Intel Xeon x5670 OC@3.6GHz
GeForce GTX 650Ti
20GB RAM (4-4-4-8)
SilentiumPC 550W
Adata SU650 480GB +1TB Random HDD
Win10

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU? I'm curious, how are you working with an X58 chipset and having 4 slots of ram to work with? You should be ideally working with three slots out of 6 and having an even layout of 4GB's of ram across the three slots, meaning 4+4+4 in triple channel. our board also doesn't have support for the processor you have. You will also need to check back with us on your current BIOS version.

Sep 14, 2018
How old is your PSU?
Like 2 years.

how are you working with an X58 chipset and having 4 slots of ram to work with?
Like so. I had 3 * 4GB but I had one 8GB stick laying around so I've installed it. It still works in triple channel. I even tryed work with 12GB, but it still was crashing when card was not mounted in PCIE16_4 slot.

our board also doesn't have support for the processor you have.
So if it's not supported, how it works? I mean, I can use my computer perfectly fine, have no issues whatsoever.