x6800 vs pentium extreme edition 955

rdguerrero

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
My dell computer has been giving trouble form the day i got it. finally they replaced the motherboard and processor however instead of replacing my x6800 they gave me a pentium extreme edition 955. the guy from Dell says this is an upgrade i think he id trying to pass off something on me which chip is better.

Mex

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2005
Apparently Dell needed to pass the chip off to someone... :roll:

Anyway, they tried to pull one over on you, because a 955 is a downgrade from the X6800. I suggest you call Dell and demand that they put the chip you actually ordered in your computer. And don't take any flak when the Dell guy says "No way man, that thing blazes at 3.73 GHz, it's like, SO much faster" or crap like that.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
I'd recommend you get a lock on the specific person that has said it to you and Report him, and if DELL refuses to do that then consider suing Dell if they don't replace your X6800. That Retard has effectively cut your Computers performance by a good 100%.

I'm sorry for the anger in me but I just hate Stupid People, and the more confident they are in their misinformation the more I Hate them. Advise them that you'll go to Court or get malicious with a DELL booth if they don't satisfy your demands and replace your X6800 Processor.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
omg did u get ripped the 965 is ok - the 955 runs much hotter - check the test by xbit back in may or so 2006.

a p4 either 955 or 965 has about 50% of the performace of x6800 - some will debate its 80%

<----------photo-----965 inside 4.5ghz ---

regardless you got a hotter and slower chip

In the worse case scenario simply dispute the charge on your credit card (did you use American Express?) because the Pentium Extreme Edition 955 is not the product you bought. It's a blatant "bait & switch" con that the Dell rep is trying to pull on you.

Hopefully, you can speak to a supervisor and get a proper replacement.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
My dell computer has been giving trouble form the day i got it. finally they replaced the motherboard and processor however instead of replacing my x6800 they gave me a pentium extreme edition 955. the guy from Dell says this is an upgrade i think he id trying to pass off something on me which chip is better.
8O !
I am sure prozac26's E6300 @ 3 Ghz can beat the crap out of that P4 "Extreme". Using fewer watts also 8)

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006

8O

you are getting HOSED.

tell dell to kiss your as$ on that one.

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
holly shit man 8O that is the biggest load of bs i have ever heard.. yikes, i bet that f**K tard from dell pocketed the chip and put the pentium in there instead.. yikes..

the X6800 is like.. not even bloody comparable.. yikes, please do anything within your power to get ur components set right!

NotAPimecone

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
You're kidding, right? If not, hunt him down and start breaking fingers until he gives you an X6800.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
enewmen said:

This is why I will NEVER, NEVER give Dell any business.... he just passed off a processor that performs at 1/2 the perormance.... what utter crap --- sue.... find a good lawyer and sue.... get compsensatory damages (the price of the CPU) and puntivative damages of 10-50 million.... :)

Too bad. I used to like buying from Dell. In the old days, they sold premium well tested stuff. Now they all suck (sell with sucky video cards for example) except for the most high-end XPS. Even that costs a small fortune. What I have now is an 100% acrylic case, a Core 2 Quad with more lights than a disco, RAID 5, and more UV than a hunted house. Dell can touch that at any price :D

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
This is like the Chevy dealer recalling your Corvette, replacing the V8 with a 1.6 litre fourbanger and telling you it's better because it revs much higher! :roll:

SUE THEM!

yakyb

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
bump in order to show my rage if this story is indeed true (no reason to see why it isnt) the guy that processed that order need to be fired or at the very least his supervisor should be repremanded this is disgraceful and has put me off buying a dell even more (not that i ever would but i have reccomended them in the past to people who dont know much)

Its not even a 965EE? They're trying to foist a 955EE on you? Holy shit. That's about 30% of the performance of the X6800. Sue them. You have my blessings.

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
Well, the PentiumD 955 is about 1GHz faster than the XE6800...... :lol:
Man, get back from Moon and take a looka at the CPU charts; even the little E4300 has a lot to show to the 955 EE.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
*Edit: I wonder how many times this has been done to people that do not know any better and never think to ask others about the replacement. 8O

I wonder how many doughheads got the 955EE and swallowed the load of crap that it's a faster CPU due to the clock! I sniff a class action suit! :D

Lacostiade

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
Once when I was buying a laptop, some idiot at the computer shop was trying to convince me that the difference between a Core duo and a Core 2 duo is JUST the L2 cache.