Question X99 delux mobo issues?

liltitan16

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
So i have a issue with my computer. At first i thought i had an issue with my power supply... every time i start my computer up it would turn on then automatically shutoff then continue turning on again and shutting off.

I did a little investigating i took a power supply out of my other rig to check and see if that was the issue and it did the same thing. I turned it off once tho then turned back on and it stayed on for like 5mins but i couldnt get a display to come up.. in the mean time i looked at mt mobo and the "cpu led" and "gpu led" are red... so im not quite sure whats happening... i ran this computer for 3 years with no issues untill now. Same hardware and everything.. any suggestions?

liltitan16

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Intel core i7 5820k haswell 6core 3.3ghz

Asus x99 delux 1gen mobo

G.skill ripjaws 4 series 16gb 288pin ddr4

Gigabyte geforce gtx 980 4gb g1 gaming oc edition

Evga supernova 1000 xr G2 80+ gold

liltitan16

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Please post your entire system spec including make and model of PSU.

Follow this guide thoroughly first: Perform these steps for no boot / post / video.

It's always good practice to check all of these even if you haven't changed anything, as it's easy for something to become loose over time for example. It equally will take you through some diagnosis steps.

Then feedback my friend. (y)
I did all the stuff in this guide except for hooking up a speaker to it because i dont have one... but i should be getting error codes on my mobo... but it just says 00

liltitan16

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
I took all the ram out except one... put it in the A1 socket. Powered up. It shut down as soon as it powered up . Turned itself back on and stayed on now. But im still not getting any visuals.

liltitan16

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
So i moved my fan plug to an external one on my case and it worked... so im wondering if my mobo is becomeing to be shot.. ive read alot of stuff about this mobo haveing major issues.

liltitan16

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Can you try the GPU in another rig and test if it works?

Edit: Is your CPU cooler correctly set up to the motherboard / cooler manual?
Yeah i can test the gpu in another rig. I think i did at first when i was trying things, i will give it another try though. And yeah the cpu cooler is setup correctly all lights are on