Question XB271HU Review

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Hi,

I want to purchase 1440P 144HZ monitor for Gaming and generally i will play FPS games and other games too.

I am planning to buy XB271HU monitor which has 1440P 165 HZ IPS PANEL.

4ms response time is fine for me.

Will it worth to buy the same

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Loving my 270HU and 271HU should offer the same experience. Asus PG279q has a similar model using the same panel by AUOptronics if aesthetics intrigues.

Not sure about Asus but Acer's signal processing is very fast which is excellent for input latency.

Last edited:
Reactions: anjris

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Loving my 270HU and 271HU should offer the same experience. Asus PG279q has a similar model using the same panel by AUOptronics if aesthetics intrigues.

Not sure about Asus but Acer's signal processing is very fast which is excellent for input latency.
Thanks for the your valuable inout here.

I am confused whether, will i buy 1080P 180 HZ or 1440P 144HZ monitor. I am playing all kind of games.

Confused between these 2.
  1. 1080P - XB241H
  2. 1440P - XB271HU

Both are Gsync monitors

Please suggest something on this. which one should i buy?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
27" is a good size screen.

1440p looks better on a 27" screen.

144Hz is extremely smooth if maintain the frame rates which can be another issue if your cpu + gpu can't push that high. Over 100fps visually is awesome.

Also at 1440p the need for antialiasing isnt all that necessary and a bit more performance to be had.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
27" is a good size screen.

1440p looks better on a 27" screen.

144Hz is extremely smooth if maintain the frame rates which can be another issue if your cpu + gpu can't push that high. Over 100fps visually is awesome.

Also at 1440p the need for antialiasing isnt all that necessary and a bit more performance to be had.
YES I HAVE TESTED THAT MY CPU + GPU CAN GENERATE UPTO 200 FPS.

BUT ITS A IPS PANEL NOT THE TN. IPS HAS BETTER QUALITY THAN TN.

JUST ASKING IPS CAN'T ACHIEVE 1MS RESPONSE TIME. SO THIS MONITOR HAS 4 MS RESPONSE TIME.

IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FPS GAMES?

AND WHICH IS BETTER ACER OR ASUS FOR 1440P 144HZ MONITOR?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu has to pre-render every frame and high fps puts a lot of load on cpus. 8600k isn't really ideal in cpu intensive games as it's been known to stutter from high cpu usages trying to deliver pre-rendered frames.

Watch, he explains frame pre-rendering;

Games like Fortnite, Overwatch, Gta5, Farcry series, Doom, Ghost Recon etc and BF can stutter at high fps if cpu is maxed out.

Up to you, id still get the Acer 271HU and see and work it out from there.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I watched the video. Its working fine 165fps without stutter. only thing is that CPU is going upto 90% usage.

That's all

Planning to Buy Acer XB271H monitor
1080P 240HZ. what's the review on same?

No, he says the cpu reaches to those levels and he's not even in the battle yet, just standing there. Once in the thick of the action that's going to change...and go wooosh 100%!. That means the cpu can't pre-render anymore frames so good luck trying to reach beyond 144fps in cpu intensive games.

Also 1080p = more fps = more frame prerendering = more cpu load ;P

Anyhow letting you know what to be aware of. It's up to you.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
No, he says the cpu reaches to those levels and he's not even in the battle yet, just standing there. Once in the thick of the action that's going to change...and go wooosh 100%!. That means the cpu can't pre-render anymore frames so good luck trying to reach beyond 144fps in cpu intensive games.

Also 1080p = more fps = more frame prerendering = more cpu load ;P

Anyhow letting you know what to be aware of. It's up to you.
But most gamers will prefer high refresh rate with TN panel. Not sure why?

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Ips have high fps as well and Acer i know has fast signal processing in the 270HU and 271HU models, not sure of the others. The time it takes for the signal to go in and displayed on screen.
Ips have high fps as well and Acer i know has fast signal processing in the 270HU and 271HU models, not sure of the others. The time it takes for the signal to go in and displayed on screen.
I am agreed with You

Cheers!!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Oh it is too.. human error. Was meant to be 271HU.

There are no tftcentral review for 271HU. Possibly elsewhere. In any case, 271HU is pretty much a 270HU with minor enhancements which is there in the graph. Overall lag is pretty good.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Oh it is too.. human error. Was meant to be 271HU.

There are no tftcentral review for 271HU. Possibly elsewhere. In any case, 271HU is pretty much a 270HU with minor enhancements which is there in the graph. Overall lag is pretty good.
Thank you

On basis of your feedback. i will purchase the same

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You're in for a treat then. Within Gsync range between 30Hz to 144Hz or 165Hz(oc) there'll be no tearing or vsync input lag. Gsync can add another layer of gpu longevity as well because of how it synchronises variable frames to the screen meaning the monitor displays frames as the gpu renders them and won't notice fps dips nearly as much. And when your gpu ages, you may not feel the need to upgrade gpu right away.