Xbone controller disconnects

jackinyrsax

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
hey guys,

So have this xbone controller a few weeks now and have these problems from day 3/4.

Anyway its a wireless and i have it wired to a rear pc port. No batteries or anything else inside incase that could matter. also the official drivers installed.

So basically it works in some games perfectly, like gtav, dishonered, batman etc however in rocket league/skyrim/fallout 3/ryse it will work either for 5 seconds or 2 minutes then itll stop responding to buttons i press and act as if the two joysticks are pushed in whatever the last direction i moved when it stopped responding. So the screen and character will begin moving without me pressing anything etc

its second problem other than this is the random disconnect where the pc will start acting like it keeps being plugged in and out so thats rather annoying. my fix for this is just putting in and out the cable to controller point till it stays connected again. Seems to be a main stream problem with one controllers as far as i can see.

I've reinstalled the drivers twice also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated the internet keeps bringing me xbox one specific issues dosent seem to many pc people experiencing this that i could find.

so any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
had similar issue with a few controllers...i have several. Anyways it was a sign in my case that they were going bad as only certain ones did it. if u have another controller try it to see if it disconnects as well. if it does then its is most likely a software issue if not it's time to buy a new controller

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
had similar issue with a few controllers...i have several. Anyways it was a sign in my case that they were going bad as only certain ones did it. if u have another controller try it to see if it disconnects as well. if it does then its is most likely a software issue if not it's time to buy a new controller

Solution

jackinyrsax

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
you really think its the controller dying? even though its brand new?

do you or anyone else know of alternate drivers or something ?

I just find it hard to believe the controller is internally damaged or malfunctioning in some way it would make more sense if ms drivers are just crap and causing problems..??

thaks for the advice regardless ill bring it back in the next 2 days if i cant fix it

jackinyrsax

Reputable
Jul 17, 2014
got it! seems to perfect at least for now.

Switched it to a front usb 3.0 seems to have been a power issue at the back ports since theyre all drawing from the same power line there, not seperately to the psu . so at the front it seems to be able to draw more..?? anyway front usb with nothing else seems to be doing the trick. thanks for the help regardless

ItsSoVeryFluffy

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
Ran into the same problem today. Fixed it by updating the controller on Xbox one now i can sync to my adapter on PC. I dont know how to get the drivers to update the controller on PC though.

Francis_38

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
The XBox One Controller has a bug where Power Saving turns it off and disconnects in Windows 10.

To remedy the issue, do the following:

1.) Right click on the Windows button and select Device Manager
2.) Expand Network Adapters and right-click on Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows and select Properties
3.) Under Power Management tab, untick the tick box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

This fixed the issue for me - I hope it does so for you too! :)