Xbox 360 802.11n Wireless Adapter Hits UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
$85 for a freakin' adapter. For that price, I'd just buy a second router and configure it as an access point. Then I could hook up anything else in the area as well.

G

85 bucks i laugh at all you xbox fans. you have to pay extra to get wireless internet. wile all of us with a ps3 have ours built in.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
WHY!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?! Sure N is faster but then you're whole network has to be N for it to work, and I highly doubt your internet connection could even saturate a 802.11G card. Makes no sense.

jch059008

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
You can't stream hd content from your pc hard drive reliably over 802.11 g thats why i ran ethernet to my xbox. So for people who don't have that option upgrading to an 802.11n network would be a solution.

mikepaul

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
[citation][nom]tester24[/nom]WHY!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?! Sure N is faster but then you're whole network has to be N for it to work, and I highly doubt your internet connection could even saturate a 802.11G card. Makes no sense.[/citation]
Not your WHOLE networ, just the 802.11N device it talks to. I hate to say one brand of 802.11N gear will work WELL with this, but a WNHDE111 plugged into your old 100mbps router as an Access Point might do just fine. Refurbished makes the experiment cheaper...

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]tester24[/nom]WHY!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?! Sure N is faster but then you're whole network has to be N for it to work, and I highly doubt your internet connection could even saturate a 802.11G card. Makes no sense.[/citation]Your whole network does not have to be N. A competent router can handle both with ease. Wireless N is superior in terms of speed, reliability, and range. I sure wish my FIOS Actiontec router was Wireless N.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
forgot to add, for my xbox 360, my wifi adapter is a $45 USD linksys wrt54gl set as a wireless bridge and a virtual access point setup so it can be accessed wirelessly as well as the ethernet (the wan port has also been set as a lan port so I can do 5 wired computers)

and guess what, this frees up a USB port for a flash drive.

mattking101

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I am currently connecting my xbox to live via ethernet cable to my laptop, using a network bridge. My laptop is connected to the internet wirelessly. But i keep losing connection and getting disconnected from online games halfway through! Can anyone tell me why this is happening, and how to stop it from happening!?

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]mattking101[/nom]I am currently connecting my xbox to live via ethernet cable to my laptop, using a network bridge. My laptop is connected to the internet wirelessly. But i keep losing connection and getting disconnected from online games halfway through! Can anyone tell me why this is happening, and how to stop it from happening!?[/citation]

Sounds like your disconnections are due to the bridge so either your laptop goes to standby ( would be the simplest reason to disconnect ) or simply there is an issue to be loosing connection. Check if the problem is on the laptop itself disconnecting from the router or whatever, or if its only an issue between the laptop and the 360. That would be a good start to figure out whats the problem.

So yeah the adapter rocks. Just a bit pricey.

mattking101

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
The laptop stays on and connected to the internet, so no problem there. It must be a problem between the laptop and 360, but what, and why? Why would it connect for around 45 mins with no problems, then cut out?! Cant wait for the adapter to come out so i can just buy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.