[SOLVED] xbox 360 controller for pc 2021

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi, i remember i was able to plug ps3 controller and use a emulator to config it as xbox 360 controller and windows game could recognize it without anymore configuration back in 360 era!!!
is it still the same?
i mean does new PC games still support Xbox 360 or it should be a new gen xbox (or ps5) controller?

the reason i'm asking about xbox 360 (7th gen) is b.c i am a casual gamer and i like ps3 controller...

p.s: if the answer is No, how about ps4 controller? is it possible to play windows game with that? (without config)

Solution
hi, i remember i was able to plug ps3 controller and use a emulator to config it as xbox 360 controller and windows game could recognize it without anymore configuration back in 360 era!!!
is it still the same?
i mean does new PC games still support Xbox 360 or it should be a new gen xbox (or ps5) controller?

the reason i'm asking about xbox 360 (7th gen) is b.c i am a casual gamer and i like ps3 controller...

p.s: if the answer is No, how about ps4 controller? is it possible to play windows game with that? (without config)
It is the same. Xbox 360/Xbox One is still default controller layout in most games. You can still use DS3Windows to use PS3 controller Bluetooth or USB, DS4Windows to use PS4 controller (wider...

Remeca

Reputable
is it still the same?

It is the same. Xbox 360/Xbox One is still default controller layout in most games. You can still use DS3Windows to use PS3 controller Bluetooth or USB, DS4Windows to use PS4 controller (wider compatibility for 360 controller than native PS4) Bluetooth or USB, a 360 controller with attached USB plug, or a 360 controller wirelessly with an official Windows Xbox 360 wireless adapter(cheap Chinese knock offs are extremely janky to get working in W10), Xbox One controller wireless with Xbox One adapter or Bluetooth on the new ones or usb, Xbox Series S|X controller with Bluetooth or usb, and PS5 controller with Bluetooth or usb. I've used them all except PS5 on XP-10 and Linux.

Last edited:
Reactions: .valkyrie.
Solution

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
It is the same. Xbox 360/Xbox One is still default controller layout in most games. You can still use DS3Windows to use PS3 controller Bluetooth or USB, DS4Windows to use PS4 controller (wider compatibility for 360 controller than native PS4) Bluetooth or USB, a 360 controller with attached USB plug, or a 360 controller wirelessly with an official Windows Xbox 360 wireless adapter(cheap Chinese knock offs are extremely janky to get working in W10), Xbox One controller wireless with Xbox One adapter or Bluetooth on the new ones or usb, Xbox Series S|X controller with Bluetooth or usb, and PS5 controller with Bluetooth or usb. I've used them all except PS5 on XP-10 and Linux.
thanks, since the price for a Ds3 is almost 10% of a DS5, i go with that one

Nov 26, 2021
I found a related article discussing Xbox controller emulators.
It recommends using TocaEdit Xbox 360 and labels it as one of the best.
I have no idea if it really is, but I just got it and I'm currently using it. Of course, I don't know if I am really harnessing all its features.
Maybe, someone might think it's worth checking it out🤷‍♀️