Xbox 360 or PC

Cerebrum TECH

Commendable
Mar 4, 2016
Hai,
I am not able to decide between Xbox 360 or building a low end PC. Xbox 360 will be about 20k Indian rupees. My thoughts for the PC are:
Pentium g3220 - 4000rs
A cheap lga1150 motherboard - 4000rs
Corsair CX 430 - 3500
A 4gb ram - 1500
Cm elite 130 mini itx case - 4500
A 500gb hard disk - 3000
Gtx 750ti or less - 10000
Total about 30k Indian rupees
I want to know which one is worth a Xbox 360 or the above PC. Buying a Xbox is simple go and grab one and play. And building a PC is little complex we have to grab each parts and assemble and worry about windows etc. I dont want future proof and build a ultra pc or buy a next gen console. I just want to game.So what is the solution ;
Grab a Xbox 360 that can play cod bo3 and far cry 4 and tomb raider(at least in terrible graphics) and be a happy gamer or build a PC with some hit and stuck and say ' I build this one' with proud
Thanks

Solution
The 360 is about dead now I did recently receive a few games, if you think you are better off with consoles here is a link to consider http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=1&_dmd=2&_nkw=xbox+one&_sacat=0&site=Brand

But that pc is total crap tbh you can do a better job if you spend some time on it here are a few tips to fix that build:
- get a single stick of 8gb memory
- a 1tb hdd is better for about the same price
- a gtx 750ti isnt enuf for 1080 anymore it would give 30fps with drops in newer titles get a 950 or 960 instead just raise ur udget by a litte
- India has allot of offeregs when you conider used you mioght be lucky and get a system with a 2nd generation i5 2500K and 8gb ram for the same price
- that...

pasow

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2012
the outlined PC can play much newer titles and older titles much better than a 360 can. however, as you mentioned, it does take more to keep it running and in shape. the nice thing with the PC approach is if you ever come across more money, you can always update a part to gain better fidelity, or access to newer titles.

another thing to keep in mind is the cost of software. PC games are far cheaper than counsels in my experience (USA), and online capability's do not require monthly subscriptions.

Xtergo

Reputable
May 4, 2015
The 360 is about dead now I did recently receive a few games, if you think you are better off with consoles here is a link to consider http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=1&_dmd=2&_nkw=xbox+one&_sacat=0&site=Brand

But that pc is total crap tbh you can do a better job if you spend some time on it here are a few tips to fix that build:
- get a single stick of 8gb memory
- a 1tb hdd is better for about the same price
- a gtx 750ti isnt enuf for 1080 anymore it would give 30fps with drops in newer titles get a 950 or 960 instead just raise ur udget by a litte
- India has allot of offeregs when you conider used you mioght be lucky and get a system with a 2nd generation i5 2500K and 8gb ram for the same price
- that power supply is crap and will have allot of problems running on 230V in india and power cuts are common there sothat psu might fry ur system,

To conclude all this India is offerring overpriced things on the lower end, and u might be lucky to get an Xbox one or Ps4
btw there is no such thing as black ops 3 on 360 it just contains online and a few gimmicks no campaign and very few weapons.

Editt(sorry for errors in the passage i have a broken keyboard that i have to replace in a week)

Solution

Will_27

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Change out processor like Xtergo say's.
Double the ram
And personally as far as the GPU is concerned I would opt for a HD7970 (XFX HD7970 GHZ) these can be had for a very low cost currently and have more than enough grunt to play 95% of today's games.

Andreas Mellis

Reputable
Sep 3, 2015
I think that the PC will give you a better gaming experience than the Xbox. First of all you can buy used PC components, if they are in good condition and you know what things to look for. Furthermore you can get the same games that you would get for the Xbox cheaper and not only that but you will find many more games on steam and on similar platforms than on the built-in store of the console. Although you can get used games for the Xbox and you won't be able to run Triple-A titles flawlessly on the highest settings on your PC. Another option is to buy what your friends have so you can play with them, that is the option most go with. But whether you buy a console or a PC is up to you and you have to decide on your own.

TheZek42

Honorable
Jul 8, 2015

I noticed you put a dual core in that build, and that you wanted to play Far Cry 4. Far Cry 4 will NOT launch on a dual core. This might be true for games being released soon, dual core is dying, quad is becoming minimum spec these days.