Question Xbox 360 wired controller stops working

joemcoleman

Commendable
Mar 20, 2017
Hello All,

I've ran into an issue with my Xbox 360 wired controller. I plugged in a keyboard given to me by my friend, and everything seemed to be working fine.

Then, I launched a game and the controller stopped functioning after pressing one of the XYAB buttons, not the sticks, triggers, or analog directionals. The mouse also stopped working, causing me to restart with my keyboard. Attempted this a couple times to make sure its a real problem.

I immediately plugged my regular keyboard in and the problem still exists. I uninstalled/reinstalled the gamepad drivers and checked for any new keyboard drivers (I didn't see anything).

I haven't flashed the bios yet, hoping I'm missing something obvious.

Specs:

Xbox 360 wired controller
Razer Deathadder mouse
Logitech G105 (Original keyboard)
Corsair K70 Gaming Keyboard (New keyboard)
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 mobo

Thank you for your advice and sorry if this is a simple solution.

joemcoleman

Commendable
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks, Dave. Thanks for responding!

You are correct, I'm am using Windows 10. I checked the website after the problems as well. Something I should have investigated before plugging in the keyboard.

I'm not really interested in using the keyboard anymore, just fixing what I currently have. The wattage of my PSU covers what I currently have, unless it is dying like you mentioned.

Can something be done without flashing the BIOS? Would that even potentially solve anything?

Thanks again!