Xbox 360 wireless receiver issues with Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeskier93

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014

Go do device manager and double click on the device. Go to the driver tab and click update driver. Select "Browse my computer for driver software" then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Xbox 360 peripherals" then hit next. Hit next again and say yes to the prompt warning about unverified device. That's it.

I have a cheapo 8$ receiver I got on Amazon and have never had an issue with it on Windows 10 using the Microsoft driver.

xzyzer

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013

It doesn't work, and I opened it up and everything is connected

freeskier93

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Sorry I forgot a step. In the last window, after selecting "Xbox 360 Peripherals", you're given another list of the actual drivers. There should be 3, driver for the wired xbox controller, play and charge kit, and the wireless receiver. Choose the one for the wireless receiver THEN hit next.

FPSAntskr

Reputable
Oct 30, 2015

Cheers, this worked for me. Thanks! :)

G

Go do device manager and double click on the device. Go to the driver tab and click update driver. Select "Browse my computer for driver software" then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer", scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Xbox 360 peripherals" then hit next. Hit next again and say yes to the prompt warning about unverified device. That's it.

I have a cheapo 8$ receiver I got on Amazon and have never had an issue with it on Windows 10 using the Microsoft driver.

Just wanted to add, That for anyone reading this & as the same Issue,

These step above DID WORK for me.

EDIT, now tossed the Xbox in the Bin and got myself an Steam Controller.
:pt1cable:

bret_3

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

Did you see how it disconnected like the batteries were low, in the youtube video above. Well I have changed battery numerous times. Sometimes it works for hours. Other times it will just keep disconnecting and trust me it's not that batteries and I did the install correctly the first time around. Anyone know how to fix that part?

Frandelin

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Hello guyz, I found a solution for your terrible problem with Non-Official Wireless Reciver. Here it comes: Download the driver from the official websie: https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/pl-pl/d/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows, pick the windows 7 version. Than extract the .exe with http://7-zip.org.pl/sciagnij.html. When you do go to the device manager, pick the Unknown Device and follow the steps from video above until you get to the part, where the guy has the Reciver on the list, you don't. Instead use Show All Devices. It will lead you to Use Disk, than pick the .inf file from the extracted .exe from offical driver. In my case it was E:\Downloads\Xbox360_64Eng\xbox360\setup64\files\driver\win7 \xusb21.inf There you will find your reciever on the list and voila. Your Polish nerd :D

G

Even batter and more to-date Answer, Get Steam and a Steam Controller, I just did and love it.
Regular firmware updates all taken care of Via the Steam Gaming Client.

Best £40 I ever spent, Plus the Xbox 360 Controller will soon be out of date anyway.

NickyBoyDK

Commendable
May 30, 2016

What if you don't have any of those xbox 360 wireless reciever drivers? I have windows 10

YaNoridel

Commendable
Jul 23, 2016

Omg, i love you so much right now! Greath thanks! Only one soultion that helped me. Internet is a wonderful thing! Cheers from Russia!

Status
Not open for further replies.