Question XBox Controller Axis Issue

Kalnon

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
Hello, I'm having problems with some games seeing the axis's of both the right and left triggers as the same axis. For example, I tried to set the right and left triggers of a driving game, right for accelerator and left for braking but it sees them as the same axis so when I bind both triggers to those commands, the game sees the axis as at 50% when not touching the triggers. When I press the right trigger all the way down, the axis value increases to 100%m when I press the left trigger, the axis decreases down to 0%.

This problem doesn't happen with every game, just certain games, usually older ones.

One thing I did was I opened up the Devices and Printers page in the Control Panel, right clicked on the controller and selected game controller settings and opened the controller's test window of which I have attached a screenshot. As you can see there's only one axis, not two. The Z axis is both triggers, how do I fix this?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you

Edit: Strange, it seems some issue is happening with my image sharing site, it's not working atm so you won't see my screenshot right now.

Kalnon

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
1| Parse the URL alone, instead of placing it in tags, see if that works.
2| See if this reddit post helps you out.
I appreciate the suggestion but I don't think that's the issue. imgur website is down or something. I can log into my account but when I try to go to any of my images I've posted there, I get Error 404 so something is up with the site I think.

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. I will give what it says a try and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Kalnon

Reputable
Dec 27, 2019
OMG it worked!

Thank you again @Lutfij for sharing that solution, you are awesome. You have no idea how long I've been trying to figure out a way to fix this.

I have several old driving games (I play lots of driving games) that I could never use a controller with but now they should all work fine.