woahwoahwilly

Honorable
Jan 18, 2018
I'm trying to record for my YouTube channel (started it to report hackers on Hypixel, might as well do stuff for it), and I need to screen record. At first, it worked fine. This was before YouTube.

Then it suddenly just stopped working. I have reset the Windows Store cache and reset the app in Settings. When I go to Gaming in Settings, it says that it's off. I switch it on, then when I hit "Save" at the bottom, Settings freezes for a second before crapping itself and terminating itself without warning (it just closes, nothing happens). When I go back in, it's still off. I tried a recorder from the Windows store since I'm too broke to pay for a real one, and it told me that frames couldn't be written. Weird, since I was playing Minecraft with Cocapic13 shaders at about 40FPS and it worked fine.

If I do remember correctly, when I installed Pulchra 128x128, my FPS was still around 40, but I think it was around that time when it stopped working. Any ideas?

Specs:
AMD Athlon 200GE
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition (no, it's not overheating)
Gigabyte B450 DS3H
Team 8GB DDR4-2400
Sabrent Rocket 512GB M.2 SSD
SeaSonic M12II 620W PSU
Some ancient Raidmax case, the one from my old PC

Jun 30, 2020
Now that game bar went wrong with your YouTube, why not take advantage of some other screen recording service or app. Online screencast-o-matic is fine and i just got a free giveaway of desktop recorder called recmaster on giveawayoftheday. Works ok for me to capture online streaming and pc game.

woahwoahwilly

Honorable
Jan 18, 2018
Now that game bar went wrong with your YouTube, why not take advantage of some other screen recording service or app. Online screencast-o-matic is fine and i just got a free giveaway of desktop recorder called recmaster on giveawayoftheday. Works ok for me to capture online streaming and pc game.

I don't like to use other recorders because of the overhead. I decided to use OBS, and it has so much overhead that my 970 that I just slotted in went from 200FPS on minecraft to ~45. But that might be a considerable option.

I had the 970 in at one point, but it kicked out too much heat and everything else was getting dangerously hot, so I took it out until I got a better CPU cooler that could also direct air. When i put it back in, it started working again, so perhaps it has to do with the drivers or whatever?