[SOLVED] XBOX Hard drive format help

Jul 13, 2021
I decided I would like to copy all of my game data from one hard drive to another outside of the Xbox instead of using the xbox to transfer between drives because I didn't have access to the Xbox at the time. I used Macrium reflect free to clone my external hard drive with Xbox one game data to another external hard drive.
The amount of data was under 2 TB and was cloned to a 4 TB drive.
At this point neither the original drive nor the new 4 TB drive reads as anything other than a media device on Xbox and it wants me to format it.
When I plug them into the PC it says the same thing about formatting the drive and I keep clicking cancel as to not lose all the data that's on it.
As far as I know at least the original drive should still work with the Xbox as all I did was clone it via macrium, I can't imagine that it changed the file system to another when all the data from Xbox is still on there but yet it's still in a state where it only shows it as a media drive.
I'm hoping that whatever caused the hard drive to be unreadable is reversible considering it didn't delete the data.
I have included a picture of disk management below, A: drive is the original external drive that I cloned my data from and F: is the 4 TB drive I cloned it all to.
View: https://imgur.com/a/vBhDWce

Any help is appreciated, thank you for your time.

Solution
Xbox has a history of having locked down HHDs, the xbox probably sees the cloning attempt as an attempt to mess with the copy protections, it can tell if any sort of access was made without the usage of the proper codes.

(Also edit your last post, the mods are not fond of swearing at all)
Xbox has a history of having locked down HHDs, the xbox probably sees the cloning attempt as an attempt to mess with the copy protections, it can tell if any sort of access was made without the usage of the proper codes.

Solution
Jul 13, 2021

That makes sense. I did this only because I didn't have access to my xbox at the time, when I somewhat urgently wanted a empty hard drive to dump stuff onto. My ultimate goal was to have all my games moved to the new 4TB then empty the old 2TB(90% full of game data) to be a PC dump. All original game data is still on the original 2TB drive, cloned by marcium but still there as you can see. Does anyone think this tomfoolery is reversible?

Last edited: