Xbox Head Phil Spencer Open To Idea Of Xbox 360 Games On PC Via Backwards Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
certainly do able but the vast number of PC variants would make quality control incredibly hard. Not to mention Microsoft would have to go a get new licensees for all the games to release them on PC too.

Still would be a good way to boost number of titles available under the Microsoft Store. They could keep it simple and only do it for games they 100% control like Halo, Gears, etc. Maybe put a lower band restriction on what hardware its allowed to even try running on to reduce the headache on their end.

Miyagui_XD

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
I've got my original games sitting there collecting dust, I would love to put them back to use on a PC... I would go as far as to buy a DVD drive again.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
I can wait for emulation, hope to god microsoft doesn't do something on their own in the meantime as that would kill anyone's will to get emulation to work and lock down the feature to current os only.

atavax

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
ok, so like, the more games on the PC platform the better. But I would much rather microsoft investing in making PC a better gaming experiance than to create a bunch of god awful ports to PC. I rather have a 2% improvement to the gaming experiance on the games i already enjoy, than 100 more games designed to be played on the console ported to PC.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

I want microsoft to completely abandon the pc as a gaming platform and just release oses, all they can possibly do is screw me over if they keep trying.

Oh i have to use the crappy store to get games published by them now, oh they also don't support dx11 or vulcan so nothing besides the most up to dade version of windows can have the privilege of running them.

Seriously they need to die off and let vulcan take over as I have no hopes of them ever making a worthwhile os again, maybe with the next windows they don't even hide them spying on you or directly advertising to you.

Only real reason I haven't abandoned windows is how much I hate the feel of macs and linux.

It might not be bad to get some 360 games that might not otherwise appear on the PC, but it seems like they'd all be destined to be "shoddy ports", looking close to how they did on the original, 2005-era console with no adjustments made for the PC platform. So, most games would be capped to 30FPS and upscaled from a non-native resolution, and would need to be played with an Xbox controller. That might be okay for some games, but I suspect that most games on the platform that really matter might eventually get HD re-releases for the PC anyway, if they weren't already released natively on the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.