Xbox live account probs!!!

andi

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

Is it possible that an xbox live account can have a problem which means you
can't download updates for games???? I've got ghost recon 2 but i can't play
it on Live. It just won't let me sign in. It tells me i need an update so
try to get this update but it stops on the last little bit. I took my xbox
round a friends house to tryr it on his broadband connection and it still
didn't work. We then tried it on his xbox and the update downloaded 1st
time. Annoying thing is when your on the screen that says xbox live is
updating your accout plaease don't turn off your xbox his download goes 1mm
further than mine and said complete where as mine just stops and freezes on
that page!! Is it my xbox consloe or my live account thats the problem??

Cheers

Andi

"Andi" <andiflack@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is it possible that an xbox live account can have a problem which means
> you can't download updates for games???? I've got ghost recon 2 but i
> can't play it on Live. It just won't let me sign in. It tells me i need an
> update so try to get this update but it stops on the last little bit. I
> took my xbox round a friends house to tryr it on his broadband connection
> and it still didn't work. We then tried it on his xbox and the update
> downloaded 1st time. Annoying thing is when your on the screen that says
> xbox live is updating your accout plaease don't turn off your xbox his
> download goes 1mm further than mine and said complete where as mine just
> stops and freezes on that page!! Is it my xbox consloe or my live account
> thats the problem??
>
> Cheers
>
> Andi

You might need to put all your saves on a memory card and then erase the HD.
The first thing you should try is getting rid of all of your GR2 saves and
go from there. It involves starting from scratch but it should work.

"Andi" <andiflack@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is it possible that an xbox live account can have a problem which means
> you can't download updates for games???? I've got ghost recon 2 but i
> can't play it on Live. It just won't let me sign in. It tells me i need an
> update so try to get this update but it stops on the last little bit. I
> took my xbox round a friends house to tryr it on his broadband connection
> and it still didn't work. We then tried it on his xbox and the update
> downloaded 1st time. Annoying thing is when your on the screen that says
> xbox live is updating your accout plaease don't turn off your xbox his
> download goes 1mm further than mine and said complete where as mine just
> stops and freezes on that page!! Is it my xbox consloe or my live account
> thats the problem??

Bad sector on the hard drive?