XBox Live Starter Kits?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.video.games.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

What's the best deal going on these? I had the three month subscription
with PGR 2 and Rallisport 2 last summer and enjoyed it. I just got Halo 2
and I''m wondering about the possibility of creating a 'phantom' account
with the 2 month free trial that came with Halo 2 and purchasing the starter
kit to use the headset then deciding if I want to revert back to the
previous gamer tag account or use the new one with the 12 month
subscription. Is that possible?

I've only seen the $69.99 deal going. Not sure if Crimson Skies will be of
any use for me or not..... anyone know of new packages coming up?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.halo,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.video.games.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

> I don't see the point of the "phantom" account unless you want a new
> gamertag and don't feel any friends you made last summer have kept you on
> their "friends" list. You can just by a 12 month sub.card and enter that
> since you have a communicator and headset already. If you get the starter
> kit you could sell Crimson Skies on Ebay and recoup some of your cost.
For
> no hassle, I would go with a 12 month card under which ever account you
> decide to stick with.

'Phantom' is probably a poor choice of wording. A new gamer tag account is
what I'm considering (abandoning the old one possibly). I don't have the
headset - I got a free 3 month subscription last summer with those games.
No headset and no buddies (summer is lake season - not Xbox season for me).

I haven't tried it yet, but what I was thinking was to sign up a *new* user
account with the 2 month free account that came with the Halo 2 game using a
new gamer tag and get the starter kit for the headset and the use of the 12
month subscription after the 2 free months. I can find out myself if this
is going to work or not actually - I don't see how it can't. At the end of
the 2 months, I suppose I can apply the 12 month subscription to either
account that I have created already or create a new one entirely. I guess -
not sure why I would start completely over, but I can't see why I couldn't
if I wanted to - unless somebody here can tell me that you're blocked from
doing that somehow.

The bigger question is on the Live Kits. Any news on new kits coming up
soon with something besides Crimson Skies? or a price drop after Christmas?
Christmas cash will probably rule that out.

"user" <usenetuser@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10psjnopbqe66db@corp.supernews.com>...
> What's the best deal going on these? I had the three month subscription
> with PGR 2 and Rallisport 2 last summer and enjoyed it. I just got Halo 2
> and I''m wondering about the possibility of creating a 'phantom' account
> with the 2 month free trial that came with Halo 2 and purchasing the starter
> kit to use the headset then deciding if I want to revert back to the
> previous gamer tag account or use the new one with the 12 month
> subscription. Is that possible?
>
> I've only seen the $69.99 deal going. Not sure if Crimson Skies will be of
> any use for me or not..... anyone know of new packages coming up?

Personally I found it cheaper just to buy an Xbox Communicator for $30
and use either XBConnect or Xlink Kai, available at
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk

Sorry, I don't have XBL so I can't comment on how you should deal with
the Free Trials.

TRENDING THREADS