Xbox Live transfer?

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
I have an xbox live membership, and I am thinking about getting a second console. The first was in my living room, and my sister keeps complaining about the shooting noises. I have xbox live on the first xbox and was wondering if the gold membership could carryover to the other xbox. Also if you could include some links that would help alot.

Solution
XBox Live membership is tied to the user account, not the console itself. You can either copy your profile onto a USB storage device (ideal for transferring your profile between the two devices should you wish) or download it onto the new console's hard drive. I use the USB method myself as it's ideal for carrying to friend's houses.

EDIT: There have historically been some synchronization issues when the same profile is stored on the hard drive of two different consoles. Normally achievements are pushed to XBL periodically, but if that fails to occur they may be lost.
XBox Live membership is tied to the user account, not the console itself. You can either copy your profile onto a USB storage device (ideal for transferring your profile between the two devices should you wish) or download it onto the new console's hard drive. I use the USB method myself as it's ideal for carrying to friend's houses.

EDIT: There have historically been some synchronization issues when the same profile is stored on the hard drive of two different consoles. Normally achievements are pushed to XBL periodically, but if that fails to occur they may be lost.

Solution

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Now while I hav someone talking on a thread I need to ask you a question. I want to save for a tv and a game console and get one by Christmas. I want an Xbox and a ps4 but don't know which order to get them in. I already have an Xbox with lots of games and thought that I could get my own console sooner than expected and game in my room. I could easily save 200 or even 300 dollars by doing that first. After I would save some more and get the ps4. I did the math if I get the ps4 and tv at the same time, it would take Round Christmas time. If I got the Xbox it would take a couple months off of that. I would get a ps4 and an Xbox in the long run anyways, but I don't know which order to get them in. What's your opinion

Right now the display and TV markets are very mature. HDTV prices have dropped tremendously so even top notch TVs are very affordable right now. Furthermore, unlike current generation game consoles, they won't be obsolete in a year's time.

I'd buy a good TV first (do some measurements to see what will fit), and take your existing XBox between the rooms as you see fit. You'd just need to hustle the AC adapter around. Then buy the PS4 when you can afford it. I'd avoid being an early adopter, so plan for 8 to 12 months after its initial release. Buying a second XBox should be the last thing on your priority list.

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
But I like the games I already have for the Xbox and my dad definitely won't let me take it back and forth between rooms. And it would be too much of a hassle. But I do agree that I shouldn't get the ps4 right away. The games I play piss my sister off to the mountains. I thought it would be nice to play my games in private quietness. I could also do late night gaming if i wanted. So that's why I was thinking, get Xbox without games and a tv then ps4 later. I would get a console and tv sooner and then get the ps4 when I have the money and the price maybe lowers a bit

Supposedly Microsoft is releasing another revision of the Xbox 360 alongside the XBox One. Might want to look into that.

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
Tell me if you approve of this idea. I will save and get a tv and an Xbox 360s. I will then save longer and get the ps4. Then save for a car. I'm almost 15 so money is a bit hard. Around 100 per month. Anyways, I will then get a descent headset and speakers. Or before the ps4 I will get the speakers. Or maybe not even get a ps4 at all depending on the reviews for it

Sounds like a plan to me. Seriously though. Splurge on the TV if you can, you'll thank me in a few years.